Seventy Seven

THE SET UP

It was the middle of the week, the hump day as people call it, the squad were all sat around in the bullpen catching up with one another, Jake, Charles, and Y/N chatted about new movies before being cut off by Holt's announcement

"Attention, everyone, a bomb was just found on a bus in Downtown Brooklyn." Holt declared to the squad, everyone's eyes now on him.

"Oh, my God, a bomb on a bus." Jake's ears prick up as he shook Y/N slightly. "It's a 'Speed'? I get to work a 'Speed'?" He beamed whilst indicating to himself.

"That sentence is nonsensical. One can work with speed, but one certainly cannot work a speed." Holt denied.

"'Speed' is a movie. I won't let you ruin this!"

~

Now with Jake, Charles, Y/N, and Holt in bomb uniforms, they make their way out of the precinct, "Really never seen 'Speed', sir?" Charles piped up with a question. "Keanu Reeves, Sandy Bullock, Jeff Daniels at the height of his sеxual powers?"

"Man, once again, I don't think I have ever heard a straight person say that, Charles." Y/N chuckled as she tried to keep up with the rest.

"Can we please just focus! The bomb could go off at any moment." Jake announced before helping Charles into the car.

"Actually, it can't." Holt rose a finger as everyone stopped in the tracks. "It's already been defused." He read from his phone as Jake helped Y/N into the car.

"Oh, well, there's still a bomber on the loose. You can't ruin this!"

~

Nearby, the squad finally got to the location of the found bomb, the four enter ducking under a policing tape before meeting with Amy and Terry, "All right, tell me about the bus. Was it headed to the courthouse?" Jake asked placing his hands on his hips.

"It wasn't an MTA bus. It was that." Terry told the squad before pointing to a pink and white bus. "A 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' tour bus."

"No, you're not ruining this!" Jake squeaked before leaving the squad to find more information. "Has anyone heard from the bomber? Has he made any demands?" He spoke to another squad member.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Special Agent Feingold, FBI." A man stopped Jake as he held up his FBI badge. "This is our case. You're not a part of it."

Jake moaned, "Oh, man! You ruined it."

~

"Agent Feingold, our guys were on the scene first. We're not gonna let you take the case." Jake muttered to the tall man across from him as Holt stood beside. "Tell him, sir."