26

Hope you enjoy~

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

After telling Shippo and Kirara to keep watch over the ones injured Kagome and I set off in search of medicine herbs. She took the chance to teach me about certain ones and what they do as we did so. Sometimes to find certain herbs we needed to find certain smells around the fields, so Kagome would make me use my powers to sniff out the herbs. Some sniffing and herb finding later I started to smell something else. "That smell..." I muttered to myself as Kagome stopped her searching.

"What is it Okami?"

"I smell bones and graveyard soil. Only one person I know has that same exact scent. You know what that means, right Kagome?" I asked as I looked at her and she nodded.

"Kikyo is nearby." We said in unison as Kagome and I took our herbs and ran off towards the hut we were all hiding out in for the time being. Once we got there we found Shippo hitting himself on the head in front of the hut in a panicked state. Kagome checked the hut and found that Inuyasha was gone. We all knew he wasn't ready to be running around with injuries like his so we asked Shippo about it. By that time Miroku was making his way over to us after hearing all of the commotion as Shippo explained how he saw Kikyo's soul collectors leading Inuyasha away from the hut.

"In what direction were they headed?" I asked and Shippo jumped onto my shoulder and pointed off into the distance. We all ran towards where Shippo had been pointing, looking around for any sign of the dog-eared idiot. Soon we saw a familiar figure making his way towards us, falling to his knees after a while. Kagome dropped down in front of him and asked him about what happened, almost starting an argument in the process.

'Why am I not surprised?' I thought as Miroku proved through Inuyasha's statements that Kikyo was making a pact with Naraku. Inuyasha wasn't very happy with that assumption and defended her anyways. I sighed to myself, not knowing who to believe since I don't have concrete evidence that she is plotting against our group entirely. Though I couldn't think on it for too long as our conversation drove Kagome away with the insensitive talk about Kikyo happening right in front of her. I shook my head at Inuyasha before turning on my heel and following after her.

"Poor Kagome..." Shippo and I whispered in unison as we followed Kagome all the way back to our hut.

»»---------------------►

When we all regrouped back inside the hut we started to check everyone's wounds and redress them if needed. Kagome was tending to Sango alongside Shippo and I whilst Miroku took care of Inuyasha which prompted Sango to question Kagome as to why she wasn't helping him instead of her. Kagome gave an annoyed answer before turning to me. "What is it now?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Let me check out your injuries too. You were hit with your own attack as well, and you deserve to be looked at."

I closed my eyes as I explained myself to her again. "They are minor injuries Kagome. I was extremely focused in order to ensure that it was a controlled attack because I was worried for everyone's safety during the battle. Believe me when I say that I'm absolutely fine-" Just as I was about to finish my sentence Kagome smacked me right in the middle of my back lightly. To me, however, it didn't feel light at all.

"OW! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL KAGOME!?" I exclaimed as Kagome rolled her eyes at me.

"I told you... Now let me take a look." Kagome said and forced me to get myself checked. We all decided that once we were done here we would move out since Kagura was close by. While Kagome finished bandaging me up, Inuyasha and I started to smell a distinct smell from outside of the hut.