11

Welcome back! I don't have much to say so on with the chapter my lovelies!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

After our run in with the mysterious priestess Kikyo we all went back on the road in search of the shikon jewel fragments. Though now things seem slightly different about our situation than before. After seeing Kikyo again fifty years after her passing, Inuyasha seems to have been a bit less annoyed and present. He now seems absorbed in his thoughts, which I didn't even knew he had in that blockhead of his. Kagome seems fine as well, but concerned for Inuyasha's well-being after this blast from the past. Shippo and I would constantly ask Kagome if she was truly alright and she would always reply with the same answer that she was just fine. I sighed and let it go before putting a hand on her shoulder. "Promise me you won't push yourself at all Kagome. If you feel weak or anything do not overwork yourself and please tell us about it. We can stop for a bit or I could carry you, just remember that you don't have to burden yourself and you aren't a burden to me." I said and she nodded with a smile, her face holding a soft and serene expression.

"Thank you for your concern Okami, that is very sweet. I know you will always have my back as I will have yours and I promise you I won't overdo it." She said as I smiled sweetly and removed my hand from her shoulder as we turned from the small fountain of water we were sitting by to the mutt. We stood and stared at him momentarily as he was looking off into space. Shippo grew irritated by the fact that now after all of the times he pushed us to search for the jewel while we were relaxing that now it was turned the other way around and he expected us to let him just sit there and slack off. Shippo hit him on the head and argued with him for a bit before running off to be chased by him. I giggled softly.

'At least he isn't just a lump of flesh standing out in the sun anymore.' I thought as he chased the little fox around, growing closer and closer to him and about ready to hurt the poor boy. I get protective of him sometimes and now was one of those times.

"Inuyasha you better not touch Shippo or you'll have to deal with me!" I exclaimed to which the dog acted like a child himself saying that Shippo started it.

"I don't care who started it! If you lay one hand on him-" I started as my ears and tail appeared along with a big ball of amber flames in my hand. "You will be burnt to a crisp and forced to 'Sit' for the rest of eternity, you hear me!?" I yelled as my aura turned dark and scary and he backed down with a small and quick 'Yes ma'am!'. I then smiled and returned to my normal human state with a now sweet aura and turned away as Shippo taunted him.

"Humph!" I said, knowing that if I play my cards right, I could have him and many others fearing me, practically wrapped around her finger. I felt very triumphant right now if I may say.

Later that night we ended up camping out for the night by a nice spring that we could bathe in. Kagome and I told the boys that we would take baths if they needed us before walking off and undressing ourselves in the bushes. Soon enough we were in the water, Kagome up against one rock and I was against another one across the water from it, it was right next the entrance of the spring so that if Inuyasha tried to sneak a peak I could catch him in the act. Though we were totally unaware of a certain monk watching us from not so far away. "Now this is what I call a hot spring." Kagome said and I gave her a closed-eye smile.

"Agreed."

"Don't you even think about peeking at us either!" Kagome and I said in unison to warn dog ears who was sitting nearby, but was facing the opposite direction of us so he couldn't see a thing.

"Don't flatter yourself..." He started before I blocked out his noise.

"Blah, blah, blah is all I hear mutt!" I told him and he just scoffed at me. Kagome then turned around slightly after hearing a bit of noise and screamed. I looked over to where she was looking and saw monkeys, they must've just startled her. I stood and moved to go get rid of them, about to allow my ears and tail to appear when in a sudden instant the mutt and Shippo both ended up in the water with us. I then screamed, not expecting them in here as Kagome hit Inuyasha over the head with a rock so he would fall into the water and not be able to see anymore than what he did. What a good way to end off the day, with THE DISGUSTING DOG YOU DESPISE SEEING YOU VERY CLEARLY WHILE YOU'RE NAKED.