53

Welcome back one and all to another chapter! As I said last time this is the very late birthday chapter and it's a hecking long, sorry... Whatever, on with the chapter!

»»---------------------►

After spending a bit more time together, the wolf demons decided to finally part ways with Inuyasha's group once again. Just as he went to leave, however, he was stopped by Kagome. "Koga-kun wait you a sec!"

"Hm? What is it Kagome-chan?" He stopped in his tracks and turned to face her.

"I have a small favor to ask of you." The school girl chuckled nervously as she prepared herself to ask her important question.

"And that is?" The dark haired male raised an eyebrow at her.

"Please stay here in the village for one last day!" She pleaded.

"Huh? Why? You know I don't have time to waste when I'm hunting for Naraku-san." He explained.

"I know but... Tomorrow is Okami-chan's birthday." Kagome replied.

"Wait- Are you serious? I had no idea." His eyes widened in shock as he realized that she had never shared her birth date with him.

"Yeah, that's because she usually doesn't like to talk about it. Since for most of her life she thought she was born to her parents on the other side of the well she's hated her birthday. She hated the fact that she had to be born into such a family, but then she came here and found out her real parents lived on this side. I wouldn't say that now she loves her birthday or anything, but now she is more open to the idea of accepting her birth as a day to be celebrated. Every year since I've met Okami-chan I've forced her to participate in a little birthday celebration at my house with my family, and her guardian Ozu-san has forced her to do the same with her when she got back home, this year is no exception. Of course she'll be expecting us to have our own celebrations planned for her, but what she won't be expecting is another little surprise party waiting for her on this side of the well! I've informed everyone else of the plan and even brought some decorations from my era for you all to use... I just- I think it would mean a lot to her if you helped plan something special like this for her, especially since she doesn't think anybody but me knows about it." She twiddled her thumbs as she awaited a response from the wolf demon tribe's leader, glancing up at his face to see a thoughtful expression. She smiles slightly when she saw the soft and caring glint in his eyes as he opens his mouth to speak.

"... Fine, we'll stay, but only for one more day!" He finally agreed to her terms, imaging the happy look on Okami's face when they surprised her later.

"Hooray!" Kagome, Ginta and Hakkaku cheered, the two boys standing behind them quietly the whole time. All three of them grabbed Koga and pulled him into a group hug which caused him to sigh and at their behavior.

"Well men, it sounds like we're going to have a lot of work to do. I expect you both to do nothing less than your best work for Okami-chan. She deserves it for looking after you two half of the time." He said sternly as both of his men saluted him with a grin.

"Right! Sir, yes sir!" They called out.

"What's all the commotion about out here? It's late and Shippo-kun's trying to sleep." Asked a familiar voice as the four turned to the entrance of Kaede's hut to find Okami standing there with her arms crossed, packed and ready to leave with Kagome that evening.

"Uh-" The wolf demon tribe leader started before Kagome put a hand over his mouth to keep him from saying something he'll regret.

"We were just talking about how Koga-kun and his the boys are going to stay for one more day, isn't that right guys?" She asked and they all nodded as Okami raised an eyebrow at them.