36

Welcome back my lovely readers! I don't really have a lot to say other than sorry for the very short chapter here, so I'm with it then!

»»---------------------►

Once again the monk of the group was perving out on an innocent woman on the side of the road, asking her to bear his child and what not. The whole group was held up due to his lecherous ways and when they were able to actually get a move on again it was quite the relief for the rest of them. When the group was about to stop for a break to grab something to eat, seeing as there was a nice rest stop on the dirt path ahead, Miroku reached into his robes to find that the woman he had made a move on earlier had pick pocketed him. "Don't worry, Miroku. I have some spare funds in my pocket from when we were in Satsuki-chan's village." Okami explained as Kagome curiously looked over her shoulder.

"How did you manage that? You didn't steal it, did you?" Kagome gave her a suspicious look and Okami shook her head quickly to refute such an accusation.

"Of course not! I found two children who had gone missing and brought them back to their parents and they rewarded me for finding them!" The raven haired female exclaimed as she reached into her pocket to find that her money had also been stolen.

"When the hell did she even get a chance to pickpocket me!?" She shouted in disbelief.

"I suppose she's just really good at what she does then..." Kagome sighed as the group continued down the trail ahead of them and into a forest.

»»---------------------►

Soon after entering the forest Okami and her friends turned around to find that their monk friend who had been lagging behind was now missing from their squadron. Sango decided to go and check up on him, which prompted Okami and Kagome to give one another a look of acknowledgment as to what was going on here. Inuyasha and Shippo who had been on his shoulder were both extremely confused. "What's that look for, you two?" Inuyasha asked and they shook their heads.

"Nothing. We were just thinking is all." The two girls said in unison which made the two oblivious boys grow even more curious. By the time Sango brought Miroku back to our group they had a village woman with them who brought the group back to her home village with her, explaining her village's situation on the way there. Apparently the village men had been going missing one by one up in the mountains and haven't returned since. All of the women think it has to be the work of some demon and started begging the friend group for help. Eventually the whole group agreed to help out the village women, but right as they were about to leave the women mentioned that rumor has it the demon had taken the form of a beautiful woman, Miroku turned to his friends and demanded that he go alone on this mission. Okami raised an eyebrow at him for being that obvious about his lecherous ways before just rolling her eyes and giving up, not even putting up a fight.

"Why did Miroku-kun want to go by himself?" Kagome asked and Okami shrugged from her spot in the grass outside of the small hut they were calling home for the time being.

"Not like I care. If he wants to risk his life just so he could be alone with a beautiful woman, then so be it." Okami said with a sigh as Sango came out of the closed doors of the hut in her demon slayer outfit instead of her casual clothing.

"Please don't tell me you really plan on following after him, Sango-chan?" Okami asked even though she already knew the answer and was smirking because of it. Sango nodded as she started running off in the direction of where the monk had gone.

"Of course I am! Someone's gotta keep him out of trouble!" She exclaimed as she ran off after the pervert, Kirara in tow. Once they were sure Sango was gone Kagome brought up the topic of their demon slayer friend having a crush on Miroku. Inuyasha wasn't believing it, but Shippo, Kagome and Okami definitely all had the same idea on the topic.