50

Welcome back guys! I know, I know, another late update- I'm sorry 🥺 But I do want to say that since my birthday has semi-recently passed, I took a bit of time off and began starting a couple of new stories to get some inspiration to write more flowing! If you didn't know, Okami's birthday is the same day as my own so I'm making a little late birthday chapter really soon! Anyway, on with the chapter!

»»---------------------►

The two girls were dragged off to some sort of cell and thrown in there by a couple of panther demons. They stood up from the floor and grabbed onto the wooden door of the cell. "What? You're just gonna leave us here?" The amber eyed female asked as the blue haired ring leader among the panther demon tribe smirked at her.

"Of course. There's no point in starting the party if all of the guests haven't arrived yet." She responded before her smirk turned into a frown and a more serious look overtook her face.

"Now both of you stay right there, and don't try anything foolish." She continued before turning on her heel and walking away, leaving the two panther demons that brought them there to guard the cell door and keep the girls in their places.

"I can't believe this. Just what the hell are they plotting?" Okami asked as Kagome put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sure it can't be anything good, but it's best if you calm down and stay levelheaded in this situation. One wrong move and we could get into some serious trouble with these demons." She smiled softly and Okami sighed, rubbing her temples as she nodded.

"I know, it's just a little frustrating is all- Wait a minute... Who are they?" She stopped herself as she noticed a crowds worth of eyes staring at them from the darkness in the back of the cell. Kagome screamed, scared of whatever they were, but Okami stepped closer to try and figure out what they were. 'I don't sense any danger here so I doubt they'll attack me if I approach them.' She thought as she continued her march towards the back of the cell. When she got a better look at them her eyes widened as she realized just who they were.

"Kagome-chan, no need to be afraid of these people. They are only but the villagers that once called this place home. I was wondering why the village they brought us to looked so desolate." Okami turned slightly to face her best friend who slowly crept closer and finally noticed that these were just humans. Villagers who also were thrown to a cell to rot for the time being. The villagers began begging for help, begging and begging to get them out of there before the panther demons came back.

"I promise we'll get you all out of here in no time. Help us on the way and I'm sure in due time every will be just fine. You just have to be a bit patient and wait a little longer, can you all do that for us?" The amber eyed teen asked as Kagome gushed at her actions. The villagers nodded as an irk mark appeared on Okami's head and she turned to her friend.

"Might I ask why you're being all giddy all of the sudden? And at a time like this?" She raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

"I'm sorry Amber-chan, it's just that you've come such a long way since we met. When I first met you, you were harsh and didn't want anything to do with other people, but now you're going out of your way to reassure the others that everything is going to be alright and I'm just- I'm just so proud of you!" Okami blushed faintly in embarrassment at the use of her little nickname in front of strangers as her best friend hugged her tightly, big fat anime tears rolling down her cheeks. She rolled her eyes playfully and began petting her friend's head. Just then the cell doors opened and the two teens' heads turned to look at who was there. It was the large male panther demon who helped to capture the two earlier. In his possession he had a certain monk and demon slayer that the two recognized almost immediately.