5

Welcome back to another chapter of 'A Feudal Love'! I've been very excited to type out this chapter because we will be introducing Shippo this chapter! I have been planning for Shippo and Okami to have a strong bond, I hope that I can convey it properly.

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

"3, 2, 1, and there you have it. Your noodles are ready!" Kagome exclaimed as the instant noodles she had finished cooking.

"Not bad, not bad!" Inuyasha complimented and asked us if we were going to eat.

"Definitely, but before that, I'd like to hear about what you told me back in the castle before~" I haven't given up on this since we left the castle, but, I think the mutt is actually started to care about me.

"Would you quit talking about that already, I meant nothing by it! All I was saying was that you'll be useful in our journey to collect the jewel shards, and we didn't need your blood on our hands!" He yelled at me.

"Sure you did~" I teased.

"I did you half-witted wolf pup!" He yelled, making my eyebrow twitch in response.

"Whatever you say dog boy, but I seriously doubt it~" I cooed as I took an instant noodle cup of my own and started to eat, ignoring any yells coming from the mutt after that, thinking back to when we left the village.

~Flashback time-To The Morning of Our Hero's Departure~

We had just returned all of the women to their families with many thanks being given to us from them all. Right as we had made our way back to the entrance of the village that we had came from before, we were stopped by a boy's voice calling out to us, more specifically me. "Okami!" We all stopped in our tracks and turned to see little Akame running up to us with a few figures staying a little ways away from us, in that group being Princess Aki. Upon reaching us he gave me a big and grateful smile, which sort of surprised me... he just didn't seem to be one to give a smile to others, let alone a smile as big as his was.

"Akame? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be with your sister?" I asked and he seemed to get slightly flustered, confusing me even further.

'Why's he acting so strangely all of a sudden?' I thought as the boy began to speak again.

"I-I wanted to thank you and your friends for saving my sister and the other women... You see the people standing over there with my sister? That is my father and some of his soldiers, who are mad at me, but grateful to you that I'm safe as am I." He said and I smiled before crouching down to his level and ruffling up his soft locks of hair.

"Don't mention it, you are my friend after all, and that's what friends do right?" I asked and he looked at me with wide, sparkling red orbs.

"W-We're friends?" He asked and I nodded before raising an eyebrow at him and moving my hand to his forehead to check for a fever.

"Akame, you have been acting strangely ever since you ran up to us. Are you sick?" I gave a concerned look as he shook his head no rapidly.

"No, n-not at all... I just wanted to ask you if you could... one day come back and visit me at my castle for a while?..." He said in more of a questioning tone as a blush as red as his eyes appeared on his face.

'Is there a chance that the little Prince Akame... has a crush on me?' I thought before nodding and telling him I'd definitely come back. That's when Inuyasha decided to cut in and pick a fight with me...

~Flashback Time Over-Back To The Present~

After quickly coming back to reality, Kagome stood up with an annoyed look on her face and told Inuyasha off for making us stop to eat in the middle of an old battlefield. I internally sighed. 'He should've waited just a bit longer before stopping us, not that I'm complaining though. I was rather hungry myself.' I thought, quietly eating my noodles.