17

Welcome back and enjoy the chapter!!

»»---------------------

The next day, Kagome and I finally got a day of normal school in and of course Kagome forgets all of her materials at home. "Kagome... Well I suppose you aren't alone, I don't have any pens or pencils on me so I'm screwed." I huffed as an administrator stepped in, handing Kagome's books that she left over to her. He said that her brother brought them in and to forgive Kagome for being such a scatterbrain. I held in a laugh as the rest of the class burst into laughter.

"That's Sota for you." I started before turning to Kagome.

"It's okay Kagome, I forgive you for being a scatterbrain."

Kagome glared at me. "Okami..." I laughed and held my hands up in defeat.

"Hey, Sota said it, not me!" I exclaimed to which she rolled her eyes. Luckily Yuka had an extra pen lying around so I could write my notes for today's classes. Whilst I was writing I got an idea and smirked as I ripped a small blank slip of paper off of a sheet I had been using before I got to writing. After finishing and folding up my little note, I gave it to Kagome who sat right in front of me. She eyed the note curiously and unfolded it.

'Dear Kagome,

Don't worry about what Sota said. He's not trying to be mean. He only said that because he knows you're my scatterbrain~

Love, Okami.'

I looked over her shoulder as she read it and snorted when her head whipped around to glare at me once more. She was seething to say the least, her eyes were burning through mine from how intense her gaze was. I couldn't hold it in anymore and started laughing. "What's so funny you two?" I heard our teacher ask, Kagome quickly replying and saying nothing, but he didn't seem to believe us. He walked over to Kagome's desk and found her hands tightly squeezed around the little note I had given her. The man demanded to see it and she shrunk down into her seat as he took it from her and read it to the whole class. She was blushing, completely flushed with embarrassment. As for me? I was laughing extremely hard, because now my joke was made more public.

"Pfft! I never thought I'd say it, but I love school!" I shouted as I went into another fit of laughter.

»»---------------------

Once we started traveling around in the feudal era again, the girls made it their goal to find some alone time away from the boys to take a dip in a nearby hot springs. I helped Shippo to be the lookout and once the coast was clear, we gave them the signal. They both got undressed and stepped into the springs whilst I sat perched on a nearby rock next to Shippo, petting his soft hair as they talked. "Okami, why don't you get in with us?" Kagome asked and Sango nodded.

"Yes, it feels wonderful in here." She added and I shook my head.

"Not after what happened last time, no way..." I trailed off, a shiver running down my spine as Sango cocked her head to the side.

"What do you mean?" She asked as Kagome waved me off... A couple moments later I was undressed and in the hot spring as well. What can I say? Kagome begged me to be a team player and join them so I knew I had to. As I made it in I took notice of a scar on Sango's back. Before I could say anything Kagome had brought it up to her. Sango delved into the explanation of how she received the nasty injury, stating that just before "death" that her younger brother had given it to her having unfortunately been under Naraku's control.

"I'm sorry to hear that Sango." I said and she shook her head, telling me that it was completely fine, though I wasn't so sure it was since it only happened a little while back.