46

Welcome back to another chapter! Shall we get started?

»»---------------------►

In the midst of Okami's peaceful sleep that night beside Shippo, she was pulled from her dreams by someone shaking her awake. "Inuyasha-kun?" She whispered as she looked to the source of the shaking.

"Yeah, who else?" He asked back in a hushed tone.

"Oh shut it. Just what the hell are you waking me up in the middle of the night for?" She wondered.

"I'm going to Totosai-sama's place with Kirara-chan to find a way to break through Naraku-san's barrier. I'm leaving now and I wanted to know if you wanna tag along." The mutt scoffed at her now shocked expression.

"The hell is that look for?" Inuyasha asked.

"I just didn't think you'd care enough to ask me." She raised an eyebrow at him as if trying to verify that this wasn't some dream or illusion of him she was seeing.

"Well your sword was forged by him too, so it only makes sense that you would want to ask him about a way to break barriers too. Anyway- Are you comin' or not?" He raised an eyebrow at her as she lifted one finger at him as if to tell him to wait a moment. She then shifted out of Shippo's death grip and sat up. The small fox stirred a little as she slowly moved him to the floor beside her, the child whining softly as he shivered a little, since she had been giving him her body warmth the entire time he was now cold without it. She pet his head lightly and looked on the other side of her where the teddy bear she had gotten him a while back sat beside her backpack. The amber eyed female picked up the teddy bear with one hand and slung her bag over her other shoulder with her opposite hand. The schoolgirl placed the bear in Shippo's grasp as he stopped stirring and used the teddy bear as a source of warmth before she stood and looked at Inuyasha.

"Of course I'm coming, now let's get going quickly before the others wake up and realize we're leaving. They'll pester us to no end about coming with and what not if they do." She said as the half dog demon in front of her nodded and led her outside of the hut to where Kirara was awaiting the two in her large cat demon form. Both of them hopped onto her back before they all flew off in the direction of Totosai's outpost, their hair flowing in the wind as they raced there. Once they arrived they noticed the three eyed cow that Totosai flies around on was outside eating grass.

"You think he's home?" Inuyasha asked as they hopped off of Kirara's back and she went to stand by the cow's side. That's when they all heard think loud clinking sounds of Totosai working on a sword coming from nearby.

"No, I know he's home." Okami spoke as the two half-demons walked into the large gaping mouth of the skull that the old man called home. Upon getting inside they saw the swordsmith sitting in front of a sword he was working on, seeming pretty focused on it too, so focused that the man didn't even notice the two had walked in. Inuyasha looked to the girl beside him because he knew that the old guy liked her more than him, which meant that if she greeted him first he'd be more willing to speak with them. She rolled her eyes at him as she realized this was probably the real reason he brought her along and cleared her throat, prompting Totosai to blink in realization and turn to the two.

"Totosai-sama, it's good to see you again. How's life been treating you lately?" She asked with a small smile as Totosai returned her smile.

"Well, if it isn't miss Okami-chan! I've been rather good actually. How about you my dear?" He grinned at her as she opened her mouth to respond.