48

Welcome back once again, and I hope you enjoy today's chapter! Also just so you all know, italics in this chapter will represent a flashback!

»»---------------------►

Okami soon found herself in the same grass-covered field with her body leaning up against a familiar tree, there was no doubt about it now. She'd been summoned back to the Oasis between Heaven and Hell. When she glanced around for who had brought her there, she found a male hellhound demon who looked exactly like the children she had been playing with previously. Red eyes, long silky jet black hair, and pale skin along with ears and a tail. "Who- Who're you? Why'd you summon me here?" She asked, already guessing the answer in her head.

"I'm Ichigo. I am the father of Kenko-kun, Kiyoko-chan, and Yasuhiko-kun. I brought you here because I'm in need of your assistance." He explained as Okami sighed.

"Your eldest son is in danger, you know that right? I think he needs my assistance more than you do right now." The schoolgirl said as he nodded.

"That's why I brought you here. My son is stubborn, very difficult, and if he is indeed fighting against what I think he is then he won't be backing down from this fight. If that's the case he'll need someone to talk him out of it, and that's where you come in." He explained as he turned away from her and began walking towards the little body of water she had visited there once before.

"How am I supposed to help him? I don't know anything about you guys, it wouldn't be my place to speak to him-" The female was suddenly cut off when the blood red eyes of the man in front of her landed on the water. He reached a calloused hand out to the water and as soon as he did, the water became as clear as a mirror, reflecting the man's past within the ripples.

"Father! Kenko-kun and Kiyoko-chan won't leave me alone!" Yasuhiko whined as each of his siblings clung to either one of his legs. Ichigo, his father, sat beside his wife in their small cave of a home. The woman at his side giggled as she went to take a drink of water from her cup. The woman had wavy, long brown hair and crystal blue eyes that shone bright like diamonds. Her skin was rather peachy and it was obvious from her village attire that she was human. The raven haired male sighed and ruffled his sons hair up a bit before responding to his child-like behavior.

"It's cause you're their elder brother, my son. They look up to you, quite literally, and they love you. All they want is your attention so why don't you go play nice with them outside for a bit?" He asked as the ten year old boy groaned to himself before he turned on his heels and took his four year old siblings outside the cave with him to play. The little kids cheered at his sides as they inquired about what game they should all play together. After a while they decided to play a game of tag as the sun went down and it resulted in Yasuhiko chasing after his siblings as they screamed "You're it! Catch us if you can!" over and over again. That was, until eventually they realized that they had run far from their cave without even noticing, getting themselves lost. They all looked around, alone and afraid, as a bunch of shuffling came from nearby.

"W-Who's there! Come out and show yourself, damn it!" Just as he said that a demon stepped out of the shadows, a large scorpion demon to be exact, no human-like features at all. It was literally a giant scorpion towering over them. The kids screamed for help as they feared for their lives, the large stinger of the scorpion raising above itself before it came crashing down on them at a fast pace. Yasuhiko stepped forward to protect his siblings from the deadly attack, and then braced for impact as he closed his eyes tightly, but it never came. When he opened his eyes again he found his father in between him and the demon, taking the hit for him, straight through the heart. The hellhound demon turned his head to face his son and only gave a grim smile.