49

Welcome back to another chapter! I hope you enjoy because honestly these are some of my favorite couple episodes in the series. Anyways let's get on with the chapter!

»»---------------------►

"Bzzt! Bzzt!" The most annoying sound in the world filled Okami's ears to notify her it was time to start her day, her alarm clock. She sat up in her comfortable bed covered in black blankets and grey sheets and turned off the alarm that had been blaring from beside her on her bedside table a window above it with the sun peering in through her blinds. The female yawned as she glanced around the room littered with band and TV show posters on the walls as well as a black and grey tapestry lining part of one of her walls. There were also fake vines covering parts of the ceiling with added fairy lights throughout them that she went to turn off as she stood up on her black rug next to her bed and stretched, her hair sticking up almost as far as her arms were stretching cause of her bedhead. She also had a grey beanbag chair sat in the corner next to her closet doors that she liked to sit in when she had free time, but moving on from the room tour, Okami was still a little dazed when she woke up and forgot where she was for a moment.

"That's right, I almost forgot. I'm back in the present day... For a second I thought that coming back here was but a dream and we were still on the other side of the well with the others. Oh well, I'd better go get Kagome-chan or she'll never get out the door on time." The teenager snickered to herself as she dragged herself out of her bedroom and went towards her bathroom to rush through her usual morning routine. Afterwards she gave herself one good look in the mirror before nodding to herself, feeling happy with how she looked in her typical grey sweater and black jeans with matching shoes, hair down and a little messy as per usual. Then she picked up her grey and black backpack and slung it over her shoulder, heading out the door towards the entrance to her complex. As she was about to leave she heard a familiar and feminine voice call out to her.

"Okami-chan! Wait a sec!" Said female turned around to find the source of the voice.

"Huh? Ozu-san? What the hell are you doing running around this early in the morning?" SHe asked as the older woman ran over to her. When she finally came to a stop the woman began heaving and panting a little, causing Okami to lean over and take a good look at her just in case only for the woman to gain back her energy within milliseconds and pop right back up into an upright position, a bright smile adorning her face. The black haired teenager blinked at the energetic lady before smiling softly.

"Well good morning to you too I suppose." She spoke as her landlord's eyes widened and she realized she forgot to greet the girl.

"Oh, r-right! Sorry, good morning! I'm a little all over the place this morning." The woman explained.

"I could tell." The teen chuckled.

"It was that obvious?" Ozu pondered.

"A little." Okami said as she held a hand up and put her index finger and thumb close together to gesture about what she said. The older woman sighed before giving her usual smile and pulling her hand out from behind her own back, revealing a paper bag within it.

"Huh? What's this?" The school girl asked.

"It's a bagged lunch! Since I know your adoptive parents never really gave you the luxury of packing your lunch for you, and since you've been out of the complex a lot lately, I thought that since we haven't had much of a chance to see each other that now would be a good time to make up for lost time with a little gift that you can eat at school today!" She exclaimed like a proud parent. Okami chuckled and took the bag from the woman.