Chapter 27

Remus felt like he couldn't breathe.

Because there his soulmate was, just standing there: eyes radiating with love as their gaze's locked.

"Hi, baby."

The darkly dressed trait let out a small gasp, his breath hitching as a familiar warmth spread throughout his being: relief, joy, hope.

"Is it..." he paused, taking in the run down appearance of his lover. He was beginning to shed, evidently through the haze in his eyes as well as the clear dullness of his scales. He made a mental note to deal with that later.

"Is it... is it really you?"

Deceit took a small step forward, and so did Remus. In doing so, they noticed how tired they both looked; exhausted even.

"Yeah," he breathed, his voice coarse, yet somehow still soothing. "It's me, my love."

It took about three seconds of pure silence within the room, before Deceit gave his lover a lopsided grin. That was all Remus needed before he broke into a sprint and jumped into his boyfriend's arms, knocking him down as he choked on a sob.

"I l-love you, Janus, s-so much!" He said, his cries growing desperately louder as he buried his face into the soft skin above his lover's clavicle; his arms and legs wrapped tightly around the other, with no sign of letting go any time soon.

There was a few moments of quiet: the couple embracing each other as the rest of the sides watch in confusion, the same thought on their minds.

"Uh... this is cute and everything, but what the heck is a Janus?" Roman raised his eyebrow as he moved closer so that he was standing directly in front of the pair's upper bodies: the others following suit.

They all had the same questioned look, apart from Virgil. However, the couple took no notice of their surroundings, leaving it for the anxious side to answer.

Virgil averts his gaze from the pair and exhales abruptly, "I... It's Deceit's real name."

The others sharply turned their heads to the anxious side. "What do you mean?" Patton uttered.

The side took a deep breath.

"Janus... is Deceit's real name. I know this because... because I was one of them- a dark side. At one point we were really close so... yeah."

An awkward tension fell upon the room until a quiet voice broke through: Remus.

"I'm gonna go n' take Dee back to my room as I think he's starting to dissociate," Remus frowned upon seeing his boyfriend blankly staring ahead as he sat peacefully on the other's lap.

"I'll let you guys deal with this matter... so uh... bye!" The side carried out the 'e' in a whisper as he sunk down with Deceit safely in his arms.

The others didn't notice Virgil sink down too, their thoughts only growing more wild by the second.

Well, shit.