Chapter 7

Deceit took a shaky breath as he placed Remus' letter on his desk. When he turned his head, he noticed that Remus was still asleep.

It was four in the afternoon, as he had spent a long time in his own room, before going to Remus'.

He smiled softly and walked over to the bed.

Removing his hat, he climbed over Remus, who was snoring on his back, and laid down next to him.

"What did I do to deserve you Rem Rem?" He mumbled as he reached out for his lover's hand.

The Duke coughed and turned over, groaning as he moved to curl himself around Deceit, burying his head in his collar bone, before going back to snoring again.

"How can you sleep for so long?" Deceit sighed. "It doesn't matter anyway, at least you may not be awake  for the next few hours."

He felt tears well up in his eyes.

"I just wanted to say that I love you. A-And that it'll get better." He said, voice cracking.

"You don't deserve someone as evil and cold-hearted as me. Yeah, you don't need a snake l-like me in your life."

Deceit let out a quiet sob as he wrapped his arms around Remus, a firm grip on him.

He loved this man so, so much, it hurt.

He summoned Kaa from her heat tank, and she instantly slithered up Deceit's leg, quickly moving towards Remus' face, where she piled herself around his head.

He then used his feet to pull the covers up from the bottom of the bed, and pulled it over them.

He laid there in silence for the next half hour, listening to the sound of Remus' breathing and Kaa's hissing.

It was around quarter to five when Remus actually decided to wake up.
However, that wasn't the best news, as he may have a chance at discovering Deceit's plans.

Finally though, when the trash man had finished his morning routine, as well as gotten himself dressed, he walked over to the bed to sit next to Deceit.

He was sitting against the headboard, and had Kaa laying on top of the pillow next to him.

"Do I get a kiss now?" Remus asked, a smirk plastered on his face as he leant down to kiss his boyfriend.

Of course, Deceit couldn't refuse.

Remus, however, had just spent the past twenty minutes getting ready, only to now have his outfit pulled apart. Very, aggressively.

Though, he didn't really mind.