Chapter 12

When they all got back to their own rooms, it was around nine o'clock.

Virgil was listening to his music, laying on his bed, when he put his hands in his pockets.

He felt something.

He pulled it out, and examined it, confused. It was a letter with his name on it, in Deceit's hand writing.

A thousand possibilities raced through his mind at once, until it hit him.

How could he not have noticed before?

And then he realised.

That wasn't Patton helping him through his attack when he got that letter, it was Deceit. He sat up and tore off his headphones, then ripped the letter open.

Dear Virgil,

My little Storm Cloud.

I'm sorry that you hate me, I really am.

And I know that you wouldn't have listened to me if I'd try to talk to you in person, so there's that.

But then again, you may never even read this.

Knowing you, this would have been thrown in the trash without a second thought.

You were never a big fan of reading anyway, unless it was in tumblr that is.

It does sting to think that you'd throw this away, but I understand.

However, if somehow, you do end up reading this, well good for you. Hopefully this letter will give you closure.

You're angry at me because I took the forms of the ones you love, right?

Because I didn't defend you against the other dark sides? (Believe me, I tried my best).

Or maybe because of my appearance?

Don't worry about that, I hate me too.

And I take it that you want to know why I impersonated the others?

It's simple.

It's because I wanted what you had.

I wanted to be loved and appreciated for who I was, I wanted to be apart of your family.

I wanted the bond that you all had.

And I saw a chance where I could have all that, even for a few seconds.

But that didn't turn out well, did it?

I just wished I could've had someone to hug me for like, no reason, or to watch Disney movies with, or even someone to make cookies with!

Remus is, well, Remus and he isn't the type to do all those things, (apart from the random hugs).

But, now, I know that none of that will ever happen.

I can only dream.

Especially now that I'm going to do something that'll make you all happy.

You'll never have to look at me again.

That's what you want, right?

For me to disappear?

But if there's one thing that I would regret?

It's that I would've missed the chance for us to spend more time together, Storm Cloud.