Chapter 21

Remus was first to speak when the pair broke apart.

"Why didn't you tell me that you got your memories back?"

Deceit took his lover's hands again, and squeezed.

"I got them back not that long ago, actually. I promise you, that I was planning on telling everyone, but I didn't know how."

Remus sighed and slowly inhaled, his breath hitching.

"It's okay, Dee. I understand. I guess you must've thought that I would've had a mental breakdown if I found out? Just like I did literally two minutes ago?"

Deceit, with his right hand, released his grip on his lover's hand, and nodded. Then, he wiped away his own tears, as well as Remus' with his thumb.

"Did I ever tell you that you are undeniably beautiful?"

"Yeah, a lot of the time, actually."

Remus giggled at his own comment, and pecked Deceit's cheek. "Dee, will you be my boyfriend, again?"

The snake like side paused, confusion filling his features.

"Did we even break up in the first place?"

Remus kissed his cheek again, and grinned. "Not really, but I thought it would be romantic to ask anyway."

After a short, moment of silence, Deceit smiled. "Shouldn't we get to dinner? Patton may be expecting us."

Remus nodded eagerly, and pulled away from Deceit. Then, he grabbed his lover's arm, practically dragging him out of the subconscious.

Let's just say, that the deceitful side was relieved, that it was his lover, who was pulling him away from the cliff edge, and not the others.

Else, they would've been trying to him from from going over the edge: after Remus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Lasagne was finally served, everyone had almost immediately tucked in, including Deceit and Remus.

And, for the first time, in practically forever, it was what felt like a proper, family meal.

However, because there was so many of them eating, they couldn't have done so in the real world, due to lack of space.

So, Roman turned the small, round table, into a large, rectangular one. Obviously, there was a bit of the prince's sparkle to it.

Patton, had sat himself on the end, along with Logan to his left. Next to him, was Virgil.

Roman, was sat opposite the fatherly trait.

Remus, was next to his brother, (and opposite Virgil), with Deceit next to him.

Although, the only people that were missing, were Remy and Picani. They were having their own dinner: each other's faces.

"Dee Dee, here, has something that he would like to share with you all."
Remus announced, ignoring the death glare, that was currently burrowing into the side of his head by his boyfriend.

And just like that, all attention was on Deceit.

"Well, that's one way to put me on the spot, Remus. Anyways, I don't really know how to put this, without you all hating me."