Chapter 6 - Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Charlie?" He asks laughing

"What? Sorry." I look back up at him.

"Are we done?" He asks the same question I hadn't heard the first time.

"Yeah, we're done." I nod "Let's get out of here."

I arrive home shortly after four and I'm glad to see Shay's car in the driveway. If anyone can help me look good it's her. Shay looks beautiful no matter what she wears. I park my car next to hers and make my way up the stairs, opening the front door.

"Where's Shay?" I ask my father who's standing in the kitchen making a snack.

"Yeah good thank-you sweetheart, how was your day?" He jokes. "She's upstairs with Lane."

"Sorry dad." I laugh "I'm glad your day was good, mine was as well and thanks." I run the stairs.

I power walk down to Lanes door and press my ear against it for a moment. I think I'm good, I can't tell you the number of times I've walked in on them having sex.

"It's me, Shay I need your help." I knock on the door loudly.

"You can come in." She yells and I push the door open.

"Thank God you guys have clothes on for once." I joke.

"If I had it my way we wouldn't." Lane smirks

"Stop it." Shay giggles and pushes him away gently. "What do you need help with?"

"Zay and I are having dinner tonight."

"Like a date?" She sits up exactly.

"Not a date, just dinner." I shrug

"Just the two of you?" She presses on

"Just the two of us." I nod

"So, a date?" Lane laughs from next to Shay and shoots me a grin. "I never thought you had it in you."

"What?" I huff

"Dump Tyler's dumb ass and move on to the next guy so quickly."

"Are you slut shaming me right?" I fold my arms across my chest with a huff.

"I'm not slut shaming you at all." He rolls his eyes "You just seem happy, I'm proud of you that's all."

"Oh." I bit down on my bottom lip feeling bad for accusing him of judging me.

"Alright." Shay jumps off the bed. "Let's do this."

After a shower, I make my way back into my room where Shay has everything set up ready to go. Dressed some sleep shorts and a singlet I sit down on the chair and let my wet hair out from my towel for her to fix.

Shay styles my hair in natural looking beach waves. "What do you think?" She asks with a smile. "Pretty but it doesn't look like you put in a tone of effort."

"I like it." I nod "I don't want to look like I'm trying, even though I am." I laugh honestly.

"You really like him huh?" Shay questions.

"It feels silly to say this, but he makes me feel things that I've never felt before," I admit

"Like your body is on fire every time he looks at you?"

"Yes, and it's worse when we touch."

"You didn't feel any of that with Tyler?" She asks a little surprised.

"No." I shake my head. "I didn't know this was how it's meant to feel."

"Hmm." Shay hums "I've only ever been with your brother but I've always felt that with him."

She spins the chair around and starts on my make-up.

Once my make-up is completed, I make my way into my walk-in wardrobe. I pull out a few dresses but put them back. I hate to be the girl who says she has nothing to wear when she has a walk-in wardrobe full of clothing, but I have nothing to wear. Everything is either too casual or too formal there is nothing in between.

"Here." Shay makes her into the walk-in and hands me a dress. "I bought this last week, we could dress it up." She offers.

I take the silky champagne pink dress from her and smile. "Thank you, I love it."

"Yeah well I want it back." She points her finger at me with a playful smile. "So no having sex in my dress."

"Isn't the idea of having sex you take your clothes off?" I laugh as I remove my shorts and singlet and pull the silky material onto my body.

"Sometimes you don't have time to get naked" Shay smirks.

"I can assure you that's never happened to me before." I make my way over to the mirror.

"Then you haven't had good sex." she laughs "Maybe Zay can bring you over to the dark side." She winks.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile. It's been a long time since I've been dressed up like this. The silky dress hangs low at the front but I'm still covered and it comes to my mid-thigh, it's sexy yet casual at the same time and I feel good in it.

"These will look perfect." Shay hands me a pair of heels in the same shade as the dress. "And these." She grabs my rose gold earrings from the jewelry section of the walk-in.

"Thanks" I take them and pop them in my ears, then slide my heels on. "What do you think?" I turn to face her.

"You look stunning."

"Thanks, it's been a while since I've been allowed to dress up like this."

"Allowed?" Shay crosses her arms over her chest.

"Tyler didn't like me wearing make-up or heels," I admit

"Yeah well Tyler is a dick." she rolls her eyes. "I can't believe you ever let him treat you like that." She sighs

"I know, I'm stupid." I stare down at the ground.

"I didn't mean it like that, I just meant he's such a dick he never deserved you in the first place." She takes a few steps towards me and gives me a hug. "Sorry." she whispers. "I honestly didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay." I return the hug. "Thank-you for helping me get ready."

Ding Dong.

"That will be Zay." I say nervously.

"Off you go, don't keep him waiting."