XIX

School the next day wasn't as Jungkook wanted it to be. It started off pretty great though. Taehyung had woken him up with little kisses and bought them muffins from the bakery to eat.

Jungkook noticed more how Taehyung changed his ways. He was literally a nice person now. Still intimidating because of his past actions but when people saw the way he treated Jungkook, they knew he wasn't a threat anymore.

The two walked into school with each other, Taehyung following Jungkook to his locker. He put his jacket inside, grabbing books necessary for his classes. He felt Taehyung's arms wrap around him, making him blush.

He turned around and met eyes with him. "You okay? You've been awfully quiet this morning.." Taehyung said quietly. Well, he did almost just kill himself so of course he wasn't okay after that.

Jungkook sighed and shrugged. "You can tell me how you're feeling you know." Taehyung insured. "I know." The smaller mumbled. "I love you, and I want you to trust me, okay?" Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded.

He leaned in and captured Jungkook's lips in a kiss. It took him by surprise because never had they ever dared to kiss in front of everyone in the hall like that. It was mixed reactions from people, even though most of the grade knew they were an item.

"Yuck." They heard Yejin's bitchy voice. They ended their kiss and Taehyung flared at her. "Is there a problem?" Taehyung  asked. "Yeah, him." She shot Jungkook a nasty look.

Jungkook averted his gaze away from her. "What's so special about him?" She asked, crossing her arms. Her friends were all glaring at Jungkook was well. "Lots of things. Things you don't have." He spat.

"How dare you! You rejected me for some stupid nerd who reads chemistry books for fun!" She scoffed. "At least I'm not a bitch." Jungkook mumbled. "What did you just call me?!" Yeh in shoved Jungkook, Taehyung holding his hand and standing in front of him.

"Get the fuck on somewhere. We were minding our own goddamn business so mind yours." Taehyung defended Jungkook. "Whatever. Fuck you, Jeon. You're useless here. You're taking up air someone more important could be breathing." She said as her and her friends walked off.

Jungkook never felt lowly of himself in his life. It was all her fault too. He wished she wasn't so obsessed with Taehyung, it sickened him.

Taehyung turned around. "Hey? Baby?" He caressed Jungkook's face, the boy had zoned out, tears welling up in his eyes. "Kookie, look at me." Taehyung mumbled.

Jungkook slowly looked up. "Please don't listen to her. She's just salty I rejected her months ago." Taehyung said. "It's fine. She's right. I don't belong here. I should be here, I should've just....fuck, I shouldn't have hesitated last night." Jungkook breathed out.

"W-What?" Taehyung's heart cracked. "I don't belong with you. She's right. I'm just some nerdy kid and you're popular. Everyone adores you, everyone hates me. I'm useless." Jungkook let out, bursting into tears.

The bell had rang a while ago, they were the only two in the hallway. "Don't cry, baby." Taehyung swung his arms around Jungkook and pulled him close. "I know I said we shouldn't do this, but do you want to skip first hour?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded.

The two snuck outside and to the football field. Though it was freezing outside, they still stayed out there under the bleachers where the wind was blocked.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck, placing his head against his chest. "Why does everyone hate me?" Jungkook asked. "Nobody hates you, Kook, they just...don't know you like I do." Taehyung spoke softly.

"You know how much I love you?" Taehyung asked. "You used to hate me too." Jungkook sniffled. Taehyung was about to say something but he lost his thought. "I'm so sorry." Taehyung whispered.

"That was so dumb of me to say." Jungkook laughed bitterly. "No, babe, it's alright. I don't want you to be sorry for anything." Taehyung said. Jungkook looked up and pressed their lips together. It caught Taehyung a little off guard but he happily kissed back, wrapping his arms around the smaller tighter.

Jungkook pulled away from the kiss, the two just looking into each other's eyes contently for what seemed forever. Time went by quickly and it was time to go to third hour. "You ready to go to class?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook sniffled and nodded. Taehyung pecked his lips quickly before they locked their fingers together and headed back inside to go to class.

"Oh Jungkookie!" He heard Jimin run up to them from behind. He hugged his friend. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you." He said to Jungkook. "It's really not a big deal..." Jungkook mumbled.

"You don't know, do you?" Jimin asked. "What?" Taehyung asked. There was a loud commotion coming from students down the hall.

Jungkook rushes to see what was going on but nearly became sick when he saw what students were murmuring about. They all looked at Jungkook pathetic lay before walking off to go to class.

'Kill ur self' was written all over his locker. He knew this could none other be Yejin's devil works but he didn't want it to get to him, though it was too late. "I'm telling the principal." Taehyung gritted his teeth.

"No, please don't." Jungkook mumbled. "It's not worth it. There's no proof she did it." He lowered his head and walked off. Taehyung was worried for Jungkook. He didn't want the smaller to harm himself anymore. Though, that couldn't be promised of course.