VII

Jungkook put his jacket and shoes on before leaving house with Taehyung. He sat beside him in the car, Taehyung blasting the radio and singing loudly along with whatever band song was playing. Jungkook only smiled to himself as Taehyung drove to an unknown location.

"See, breaking rules is fun. You need to loosen up a little." Taehyung said. "Okay." Jungkook said. It wasn't too bad. They ended up going to a gas station which was far from Jungkook's house. Taehyung parked, keeping his car running.

"You ever steal anything before?" Taehyung asked. "No, have you?" Jungkook asked. "All the time. It'll fun Jungkook. Just a bag of candy." Taehyung said. "No way! I can't go to jail!" Jungkook panicked. "Hey, come on, bunny. It'll be fast and you'll feel like a million bucks after." Taehyung laughed.

"Okay, only this one time." Jungkook said. "Sweet." Taehyung smirked and they got out the car. Taehyung kept it running though for a fast escape. They entered, the young man on his cell phone. "Yo, what's up?" Taehyung tried making conversation with him but the man seemed suspicious of the two coming in so late.

Jungkook picked up a bag of sour gummy worms and carefully stuffed them in his pocket. "Hey!" The worker yelled as Jungkook turned in fear and ran. Taehyung grabbed a bag of Skittles and ran too. "I'm calling the cops!" He yelled out the door as they got into the car and Taehyung quickly drove off.

"Oh my god!" Jungkook began laughing. That was the best adrenaline rush ever. "Where are we going?" Jungkook asked. "I don't know but that was funny!" Taehyung laughed. "Did you see the look on his face?" Taehyung chuckled. "Yeah." Jungkook giggled.

Taehyung had driven them to the park. It was dark out, the only lighting was the moon. "Follow me, I know a nice spot." Taehyung said as he walked quickly down the path and to a hill. They climbed to the top and Taehyung sat down, Jungkook sitting next to him.

The view was amazing, looking over the water front with the moon in the horizon. "It's so pretty." Jungkook said. "Yeah. I come here all the time at night." Taehyung said as he munched on his Skittles.  Jungkook ate his sour gummy worms.

"You never seem to be at your house, how come?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung sighed as he tossed the empty bag to the side. "My dad." Taehyung said. "What about him?" Jungkook asked. "He's...abusive." Taehyung admitted.

"A few years ago, New Year's Eve, my brother an his friends decided to go on a joy ride before the new year. It was supposed to be fun but, people tell you not to drive drunk for a reason." Taehyung said.

"I was driving and we hit a patch of ice. We ended up colliding with a semi, the impact killed my brother instantly. I was in the hospital with our friends for a few days from minor head trauma. My dad, he hated me from that day on. Always finding excuses to bring up the incident and beat me. My brother was a perfect student, straight A's and stuff. He wanted me to be like him but I didn't want to be someone I wasn't, so I just resorted to being a bad boy. The 'rebellious teenager'." Taehyung finished.

"Wow, I'm really sorry." Jungkook said. "It's chill. I mean, if it's keeping me happy, doing rebellious things, I'm not gonna stop unless I need to or get caught." Taehyung said. "It hurts, that my own father hates me but it won't matter in the end anyway. I'll be moving out as soon as graduation is over."

"Um, last year, I almost committed suicide." Jungkook confessed. Taehyung's heart dropped. "What?" He asked, sorry in his voice. I'd been depressed over some things, like my parents stupid rules and I was going through issue with my friends. On top of my parents wanting me to be a perfect student. It was too much for me, so I began cutting my wrist and, one day I cut too deep." Jungkook mumbled.

I almost didn't make it but, Jimin had found me after entering my house when my parents weren't home and calling the ambulance. I was in therapy the entire summer. It sucked but, things are a little better now." Jungkook said.

"Wow, I didn't know you were going through that and, oh my god I-" "You bullied me everyday." Jungkook said. "You see that stuff in movies, bullies not knowing what's really going on with someone. That stuff is true." Jungkook said. "It takes on small thing to push someone over the edge." Jungkook hugged his knees close to his chest.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered quietly. Jungkook looked over at him. "I'm really sorry. For everything." Taehyung apologized. And he meant it. Jungkook's tummy did backflips. "If only I knew. God, you probably wouldn't have been here today. And it would've been partly my fault." Taehyung breathed out.

"I'm better now. Don't worry about it anymore." Jungkook said. "Thanks for, tonight, I had fun. Even though it was wrong, it was hilarious." Jungkook smiled to himself. Taehyung smiled as well, the wind blowing softly. It was so peaceful and quiet on top of the hill overlooking the river, the city lights shinning along with the moon.

Jungkook looked back at Taehyung, who was just staring. Jungkook didn't know why, but he began leaning in, and so did Taehyung. So close, their lips ghosted each other's as Taehyung caressed the side of Jungkook's face with one hand. They made eye contact for a good second before Taehyung presses their lips together.

Something about the kiss just made everything click for Jungkook. Taehyung had described him. Jimin and Yoongi were right. He was the cute boy Taehyung liked and he felt so stupid for not putting two and two together. The kiss was so gentle and sweet, Jungkook felt like he was dreaming and didn't want to wake up.

Taehyung places his hands on Jungkook's sides as Jungkook hesitantly wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck. They pulled away from the kiss and just looked into each other's eyes. "Taehyung?" Jungkook breathed out. He felt Taehyung's grip on his waist become tighter.

"I can't go home. Fuck, I can't go home. I can't face my dad." Taehyung let a few tears go. Jungkook didn't know what to say. Everything was happening so quick. "Come to my house. You can spend the night. My parents will never know." Jungkook said. "What time will they be home?" Taehyung asked, Jungkook wiping his tears away.

"Around 11:00." Jungkook said. "It's only 9 now." Taehyung said quietly. "Oh." Jungkook said and looked down. Taehyung hadn't let go yet and Jungkook's arms were still wrapped around Taehyung's neck.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered. "Y-Yeah?" Jungkook said. "Kiss me again." Taehyung said boldly. "Okay." Jungkook breathed out and connected their lips once again. What a beautiful night.