X

Weeks passed and the two managed to keep their relationship secret from friends and family. Jungkook was constantly worried his parents or other people would find out though. Taehyung was always trying to be touchy with him at school.

He didn't mind, it's just he didn't want to get caught. School was nice with Taehyung though. During passing time, they'd find an empty spot and just talk in each other's embrace and share sweet kisses, and nobody ever saw of course.

They'd even skip class sometimes to go cuddle on the bean bag chairs in the back corner of the empty library. The librarian didn't care. She found their relationship adorable.

But, things weren't that great as well. Jungkook's grades began dropping and his parents were concerned for him. They though he was getting depressed again but was totally different from what was actually happening.

Jimin and Yoongi began questions Jungkook a lot about where'd he'd disappear to during class and at lunch and Jungkook simply just said to the library which was a half lie. Today was Jimin's breaking point.

"Jungkook, you're my best friend, but right now you really are being a bitch. Why won't you tell what you're hiding from us?" Jimin complained. "I just can't tell you." Jungkook shrugged as he ate his lunch. "Bullshit." Jimin said. "Jimin..." Yoongi said quietly. "No don't 'Jimin' me. We never keep secrets from each other. Why don't you trust us?" Jimin asked.

"It's not that I don't trust you. I just promised someone I wouldn't tell anyone about us." Jungkook said then facepalmed. "So you are dating someone? Who?" Jimin asked. "Did you not just hear me?" Jungkook asked. "God, whoever it is really changed you." Jimin frowned.

"Whatever." Jungkook got up, upset, and left. Taehyung saw him leave the cafeteria and followed. Jungkook had walked outside to the football field as sat underneath the bleachers behind the concession stands. It was nearly impossible to see him there but Taehyung knew he went there when he was upset.

"You okay baby?" Taehyung asked as he approached Jungkook. The smaller stood up and shrugged. "I don't want to keep us a secret anymore. My friends are starting to turn on me because of it." Jungkook said. Taehyung pulled Jungkook close by his waist and kissed his forehead gently.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Things will change, I promise, okay?" Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded. "Hey, cheer up, cutie. Homecoming is in two days. It's gonna be a good day." Taehyung said. "I hope so." Jungkook sighed. "It will. Trust me." Taehyung kissed Jungkook's lips. He had something special planned for Jungkook that night.

Taehyung picked Jungkook up and spun him around a little, the boy giggling. "I like you so much Jungkook. You mean a lot to me." Taehyung said quietly. "I really like you too." Jungkook pecked his lips.

When Jungkook got home, his parents had unhappy looks on their faces. "We found this in your room." His mother held up Taehyung's Juul he'd left behind last night. Taehyung had snuck in last night so the two could cuddle and talk for a bit before he left.

"You've broken so many rules Jungkook. Where did you even get this?" His mother asked. "It's not mine." Jungkook said. "Then who's is it?" His father asked. "It's Taehyung's. He left it here some weeks ago. I swear I haven't used it before. I don't even know how it works." Jungkook lies convincingly.

"Oh, well, make sure he gets it back." His mother said less sternly. "Also you're grounded until you get those grades up. No tv, no hanging out with Taehyung." She said. "What?! You can't do that! I'm 18!" Jungkook whined. "I'll make it longer if you don't drop the bratty attitude." She said.

"Ughhh!" Jungkook groaned angrily as he stomped up the stairs and slammed his room door shut. "I think that Taehyung kid is a bad influence on our son." Mr. Jeon said. "Ya think?" Mrs. Jeon rolled her eyes.

Jungkook called Taehyung and waited for him to pick up. "Hi baby." His sweet low voice said. "Hi Tae. Guess what?" He said. "What?" Taehyung replied. "I'm grounded. Also you left your Juul over here." Jungkook said. "Well shit, I'm sorry babe." Taehyung said. "No,it's fine. It's just, you aren't allowed over until I get my grades up." Jungkook said.

"What!" Taehyung nearly yelled. "I'll sneak you though my window at night though. You've done it before." Jungkook reminded. "Damn, okay. Can you give me my Juul back tomorrow then?" He asked. "Yeah." Jungkook said. They were silent until Jungkook spoke up.

"I miss you." Jungkook whined. "It's been two hours Kookie. But I miss you too. I miss your cute little smile." Taehyung said. "You know, I love it when you talk to me like that." Jungkook smiled. "All sweet and stuff. It makes me happy." Jungkook said. "I'm glad I can do that for you." Taehyung said. "What time can I come over?" Taehyung asked. "Around 9, but you have to be quiet when you get near my window." Jungkook said. "Okay, I'll see you soon." Taehyung said and hung up. Taehyung blushed and smiled to himself. "So, you ask him to homecoming yet?" Namjoon asked as they played video games. "Yeah." Taehyung nodded.

"You know that kid Jin?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah, we're lab partners." Namjoon said. "I heard from Yejin, that Mina told her that a girl named Nayoung told her he likes you." Taehyung said. "Awww, really? " Namjoon asked. "Yeah, you should ask him to homecoming." Taehyung said. "I think I will, he's a real cutie." Namjoon said. "You've changed." Namjoon added. "What? How?" Taehyung set the game controller down. "You don't bully people anymore. You actually do your homework and you act nice." Namjoon said. "You're funny." Taehyung chuckled. "No, I'm serious. I think Jungkook's changed you, and that's a good thing." Namjoon suggested.

"No he hasn't, and he wont." Taehyung growled.

Jungkook did his homework and then had a snack before retreating back to his room for the night. Jungkook watched a show as he waited for Taehyung to arrive any minute now. His parents had gone to bed so it shouldn't be too hard to sneak Taehyung in. Jungkook's phone buzzed and it was a text from him.

TaeTae: Open your window.

Jungkook walked over to his window and sure enough, Taehyung was standing on the garage roof and walking towards it. Jungkook opened it and Taehyung quietly stepped in. As soon as Jungkook closed the window, Taehyung grabbed him by his waist and kissed him deeply. Jungkook pulled away and giggled. "I still can't believe you're grounded. That's so dumb." Taehyung whispered. "I know." Jungkook said quietly. "Hey um, about homecoming..." Taehyung began.

"I'll give you signals for when I want to be alone with you but, we can't be near each other in the gym at all." Taehyung said. "Why do we have to hide it still? Surely people won't care, right?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung pressed their foreheads together, kissing the tip of Jungkook's nose. "I'm sorry, bunny." Taehyung whispered. "Why does it matter?" Jungkook asked. "Because I'm miserable Jungkook. Being known and popular in school is the only thing keeping me happy and thoughts away from my dad." Taehyung said. "So I don't make you happy?" Jungkook asked. "No, Kookie, I didn't mean it like that." Taehyung said, which seemed to make Jungkook more upset.

"You know what, fine. Don't take me to homecoming anymore." Jungkook subtly pushed Taehyung away. "Jungkook?" Taehyung said softly. "Leave, Tae." Jungkook said. Taehyung swallowed thickly and nodded. Taehyung leaned in to kiss Jungkook's lips but the boy turned away, Taehyung kissing his cheek instead. For the first time ever, Taehyung felt his heart break. Once he left, Jungkook closed the window and bursted into tears.

He had this sense of belief that Taehyung was only dating him for the fun of it. That he had no real feelings for Jungkook, but wanted to take the boy's innocent demeanor away. Jungkook found himself sitting on the edge of his bathtub, razor blade to his wrist once again, and began cutting.