XI

The day of Homecoming was a mess. Jungkook hadn't been talking to Taehyung and he'd been very emotional. He hated crying but couldn't help it sometimes. He needed to let out all that pent p stress somehow. It worried Jimin and Yoongi, the amount of time Jungkook spent crying. And they didn't even know why.

"Kookie, why won't you tell us anything?" Jimin asked at lunch. "Because, I can't." Jungkook wipes his tears away. "We just wanna help you." Yoongi said. "Trust me, I can't tell you." Jungkook assured. "Okay, well, are you coming to Homecoming with us tonight?" Jimin asked.

"N-No, you two go together and have fun. I'll go on my own." Jungkook insisted. "But we don't want you to be alone. You won't have any fun. Come with us Jungkook." Yoongi said. "It's fine!" Jungkook raised his voice.

Taehyung glanced at the sad boy and sighed. "I didn't mean to put it that way. I didn't think he'd react like that." Taehyung said to Namjoon. "I know, I feel bad for you two. I'm sure you'll figure it out." Namjoon said and Taehyung was silent for a while.

"I just got the most perfect idea ever!" Taehyung said. "I'll make it up to him tonight." Taehyung assured and Namjoon just nodded.

After school, Jungkook was sitting in the library reading a book when Taehyung came in and sat beside him. They were the only ones there. "Jungkook, I know you're mad at me, but I really am sorry. You know I didn't mean what I told you the other day." Taehyung said. Jungkook sighed and out the book away, his sleeve rolling up accidentally.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung panicked as the boy quickly rolled his sleeve back down. "It's fine, I'm fine okay." Jungkook said. "No yo aren't! You're hurting yourself!" Taehyung was breathing hard. "Tae, just leave me alone, okay?" Jungkook looked into his eyes. "Babe..." Taehyung let out but Jungkook had began walking away.

That night, Jungkook drove to the school by himself. He parked and got out of his car, a lump forming in his throat as he entered the school, students scattered down the hall with their dates or group of friends.

Jungkook found Jimin and Yoongi sitting at a table and talking with one another. He sat down with them, Jimin smiling warmly. "Hi Jungkook, glad you decided to hang out with us." Jimin said and Jungkook nodded. "Who was nominated for homecoming queen?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Two kings were nominated this year." Yoongi said. "Really?" Jungkook asked, surprised. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Mark and Jackson who are gonna be crowned." Jimin said. "Or it could be you two!" Jungkook giggled. "Nah, I don't think so. We aren't popular enough for that." Yoongi said.

"You never know." Jungkook said. His phone buzzed and he looked at it, sighing when he saw it was Taehyung.

TaeTae: Come to the upper gym please. It's really important.

Jungkook contemplated but left, telling Jimin and Yoongi he was going to the bathroom. Jungkook snuck passed some hall monitors and down the hall before walking up the stairs. You weren't allowed to go upstairs during events like these but Taehyung managed to get up there, as well as Jungkook.

Jungkook entered the upper gym. It was pretty dark up there, the only light coming from the blue and pink lights from the gym below. Taehyung walked over to Jungkook and held his hand. "You look beautiful Jungkook." Taehyung said softly, Jungkook hearing a slow dance be announced faintly in the background.

"Thanks." Jungkook pulled his hand away and walked over to the window. He watched as everyone and their dates began slow dancing with each other. He smiled sadly seeing Jimin and Yoongi happily slow dance with each other. Jungkook envied then because they didn't have to hide, or worry about what people thought of them.