The Start of Something New

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Gary, you two Brock. You all are the best," Ash replied.

"Pika, Pi."

"No problem at all Ash. I'm happy to be here for you on your big day," Brock said.

"Alright, now Ash, let's get out there and get this thing going. As your best man, it's my responsibility to make sure you're where you need to be when you need to be there," said Gary.

"Haha, it's alright Gary, thanks for looking out for me," Ash said.

"It's what I do. Now let's move."

Just about everyone was outside now though not everyone was seated. Serena, Ash and a couple of the bridesmaids were the only ones who weren't out there. Red was just kinda standing there while he was waiting for Ash and Gary to come get him. He was one of Ash's groomsmen so he was dressed for the part; he was wearing a dark gray tux jacket (or whatever it's called) over a red button-up shirt and black tie and black dress pants. Red was not used to wearing something so formal so it felt weird and it was a little uncomfortable. But it was Ash's wedding so he was going to endure it. "Hi Red!"

Red turned around to find Leaf standing there smiling like the sun itself and he couldn't help but stare, she looked so beautiful in that dress. Luckily he managed to snap out of it pretty quickly. "Oh, h-hey Leaf," he stuttered, "what's up?"

"I just thought I'd say hi before the wedding. You're looking really handsome," Leaf said.

Red's brain nearly short-circuited, she really just said he looked handsome. He became a blushing mess as he struggled to find the words to say. "T-Thanks, Leaf, you look great too," he finally said.

Leaf blushed a little bit too and giggled, "Thank you Red."

In truth, she really did think he looked handsome. That suit fits him so well. Red and Leaf looked away from each other, their blushes never left their faces. "Alright everyone," Gary called as he and Ash walked out of the building, "we're all ready to go so take a seat and let's get this started!"

Everyone complied and went to find a seat. "Well, I guess that's my cue. I'll see you at the reception," Red said.

"OK, good luck up there," Leaf replied before leaving to take a seat. Red watched her for a few moments before disappearing to join the other groomsmen.

xxxxx

Finally, everything was getting started and the ambiance was amazing. The sun was going down so there was a beautiful display of warm colors illuminating the lake behind the altar, the lights on the altar combined with the white flowers and green vines interwoven into the altar and railing behind it all made for a picture-perfect scene. Everyone was waiting expectantly for the first people to come down the aisle. Professor Oak was the first to walk down the aisle, as the officiant of the wedding, it made sense that he went first. Then came Ash who was escorted by his mom. Delia could hardly keep the happy tears from flowing as she left Ash at the altar with Pikachu following and resting on her lap. Then the bridesmaids and groomsmen; they walked up in pairs, the best man and maid of honor Gary and Shauna, then the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, Brock and Dawn, Red and May, and Clemont and Korrina. Bonnie, the flower girl, was next, she gleefully dropped white rose petals down the aisle. Max looked at her in awe from the seats as she walked ahead, he had never seen anyone so pretty in his entire life. Max's staring earned him a teasing nudge from his dad and he looked down in embarrassment.

The bridal music started playing and Serena appeared at the end of the aisle being escorted by her mom. Ash could do nothing but stare; she was wearing a big white, elegant, strapless dress with a big pink bow that was tied to the back of her waist. To top it all off she was wearing a flower crown on her head that she had woven earlier. Everyone was marveling at how amazing she looked but none more so than Ash. Ash almost couldn't believe this was happening, how lucky can one guy be? Grace was wearing a dark blue somewhat glittery dress that suited her quite well. Grace gave him a bright smile as she handed off her daughter to him, Ash took her hands and the two lovingly gazed into each other's eyes, their moment was finally here.