Royal Ball Gone Wrong (59)

*Aqua's POV*

After our pictures were done, we ran to the ballroom because we were late. Tyrus had to transport my violin case while we were running and handed it to me before disappearing. Too bad it was taken away by security like ten seconds later for suspicion of concealing a bomb.

Dahlia and Santino were announced first because Santino was first in line to the Vampiric throne. Silas went out alone because Tyrus was nowhere to be seen, but he didn't seem panicked by that. Lastly Kalen and I were announced as, "Lord Kalen Zion Lagunov and his mate Aqua Gray."

I smiled and walked down the stairs gracefully because I was not in death traps. I had convinced both Tyrus and Dahlia that heels were a death sentence for me because of the several incidents that almost cost me my life.

My eyes glanced around the room noting several royals including Queen Astrid, Queen Rose and King Ludvoic, Queen Mia Rose and King Sebastian Rose, Queen Skylar Sinclair and King Terrance Sinclair, and lastly my father.

My eyes met his and he had this smug look on his face because he tried to make me marry Kal before I even knew that Kal was Kal! I could tell that he was happy about it though, and Kal's father looked shocked to say the least.

We all sat down at our table and a server with coal black hair and hazel eyes handed me my violin. "I do believe that this is yours, Ms. Gray." He said, and I smiled and replied thank you before he walked away.

Our entire table was a chattery mess until Professor Vladimir came to the microphone and said, "We thank all who are in attendance of this wonderful ball. This school would not exist if it were not for the professors, students, and royals in this room. All of you have taken steps towards peace in our world and for that, I sincerely thank all of you." The entire room clapped before dying down slightly. "Now, without further ado, let's eat!"

The servers brought out the food and we all went back to eating and talking until almost everyone in the room was practically finished, and it was my time to perform. My heart was pounding out of my chest, but I still pulled out my violin and bow and walked up to the microphone on the stage.

"Hello, I am Aqua Gray for those who don't know, and I was asked to write and perform a song to open up the dance floor. Writing this song was no easy task, but when I remembered my friends that I made here, it seemed like it wrote itself. I dedicate this song to my friends who I now proudly call family." I took a deep breath and brought my bow and violin up.

I started to play the violin, using my powers to entrance all those who heard by amplifying it with my bow. For the first part of the song, many people didn't even get up to dance because they were so taken away by it. Slowly but surely, the couples made their way onto the dance floor and before I knew it, my spell song was over.

I bowed and everyone in the room gave me a standing applause with a very familiar ear-piercing whistle from Tyrus, but I couldn't find him.

I quietly walked off the stage and was immediately approached by my father and he said, "You performed beautifully, Ms. Gray. Such playing reminds me of my daughter. Do you know that you share her name?" He said with a huge smile.

"No, Your Majesty. I had no idea." I smiled before walking away to the table where I put my violin safety away and played with my ring nervously. I knew that something was going to happen soon, and it was eating me away to say the least.

I looked at my ring for a second and up at the dancefloor to see several black figures. I had to do a double take; and when I did, I saw a crowd of normal supernaturals. It made my heart drop because I was wearing the ring that Nereus gave me for my birthday. It gave me the power to see shifters, and the dancefloor was full of them.

"Dahlia, they are on the dance floor." I said and she immediately went into battle mode. She quickly grabbed Santino, and I grabbed Kalen before pulling him to the dancefloor. I pointed at the man next to me who looked like Professor Vladimir and Dahlia quickly went to him and danced with him.

"Uncle, I didn't think you were a dancer, especially not without your wife."

"I-uh- got into a fight with her?" The shifter questioned himself and Dahlia pulled off the heel from her shoe and used it to slit his throat.

Everyone gasped and stood in shock as the man who once looked like Professor Vladimir morphed to show his true identity as a shifter. We all pulled out our weapons and the students and royals ran off of the stage.

One by one I forked several shifters in their carotid until I realized that we quickly ran through all of the shifters and seemed victorious. It was just too good to be true. Granted, we did have the faculty on our side helping us fight, but that didn't explain it.

"Dahlia, stop. This is a set up." I quickly figured out and saw a shifter go to the microphone.

"We gave the school an entire school year to give us the Mermaid Princess. We know she is in your midst, so if you know who she is, please tell her to reveal herself." The shifter smiled, "Oh and-" He threw a giant potion on the floor that blocked all magic and made everyone in the room freeze except Kalen, Silas, Santino, Dahlia, and I. We were immune to the potion for some reason.

"You rotten son of a bitch!" Dahlia shouted and threw one of her heel knives at his throat. He went down two seconds later with a pool of blood.

I kept telling myself to act smart, and I looked around the room to see if anyone was moving. My eyes immediately went to Duke Kion Lagunov who was drinking his red wine while watching everyone battle it out.

"Kal, why is your dad moving? Why is he immune to the spell?" I quickly asked.

"I don't know, I used my deflection magic on all of us so the potion wouldn't affect us, but I didn't use it on my dad. He doesn't even have the power." Kalen said which made my heart drop.

He took a final gulp of his wine before walking over towards me. "You know, it's a shame that you are the mermaid princess. You are quite the smart girl, and I would have gladly given you and my son my blessing had you been a normal mermaid. Unfortunately, you are a part of that wretched family and must be eliminated."

"What do you mean, Kion? You are my father's best friend!"

"That was all a façade to get closer to your gullible father. He was so hurt after his mate was killed which made my opening in. Little did he know that I was the one who killed her."

"YOU KILLED MY MOTHER YOU SON OF A BI-" before I could finish, Kion lifted his hand.

"Son, restrain her and take off your deflection from your friends." He compulsed Kal and Kalen immediately held me back.

"I killed your mother with my own bare hands once I learned that she knew my little secret for revenge because of that little skin reading power that she had. In her dying moments, she casted a protection spell on you so I couldn't touch you. Now's a different story."

He had such an insane look on his face. "But why would you do this?" I asked.

"All for my beautiful mate Loire, mother to my son. She was killed for 'betraying' the royal family and since that moment I vowed to avenge Loire's life by destroying our wretched royal family and taking the title for my own."

"You will never accomplish that!" I shouted, and a metallic blood smell flooded my nostrils which confused because I saw no one bleeding.

"Oh, but I will. Son, kill Aqua." Kalen let go of my wrist and pulled of his ring before turning it into a sword. 

***

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

Bet ya didn't see that one  coming!

Oh Boy I wonder what's going to happen next ;)

**COMMENT & VOTE**