Relations (30)

*Dahlia's POV*

I grabbed my plain black shirt and black jeans and slipped them on. I quickly put my hair up in a high pony tail and put my onyx earrings into my ears. I grabbed my black leather backpack and slipped my school ID in before I grabbed a pair of black socks and fancy black sneakers.

Aqua came in my room a few minutes later in a light blue skater dress with the bracelet that she always wears and little treble clef earrings. Her shoes were the exact same as mine except in black. But most importantly she was holding two cases. She briefly put them down in my room before running back to hers to grab her wallet and put it in my bag. Then she grabbed the two cases once more and we were out the door.

We must've walked about a mile before we came to a hospital. Aqua glided up to the front desk where the receptionist said, "Oh! Aqua! You are here! Oh the patients will be so happy to hear you play again! And who is this behind you?"

"Tracey, this is Dahlia. She's my friend from the Academy, and I was wondering if she could just follow me around and help me out. She will just be holding my cases and things like that."

Tracey nodded her head yes and asked me for a form of identification. I pulled out my school ID and we both got visitor's passes and Aqua got a list of names and rooms.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, and she just smiled and kept walking until we were at room number 235. Aqua knocked and entered when they said to come in.

A smile filled her face as she saw a boy with tubes going into his nose, supplying him with what I assume to be oxygen. I could smell his blood from his IV, and it smelled discordant. It smelled like there were too many white blood cells in his blood.

"Hey Matthew! Hello Mr. And Mrs. Smith! I brought my violin and flute today. And the girl behind me is my friend Dahlia who is going to be my assistant today." Aqua pointed to the little boy in the hospital bed and said, "Dahlia this is Matthew, and Matthew this is Dahlia." I shook the boy's hand and smiled.

"Well, do you mind if we leave you with Matthew while we get him some food?"

"Oh no problem at all, I assure you that I will keep him company until you come back." She smiled and the parents left the child with us.

"So Matthew which instrument should I play for you today? My violin or flute?" He answered the flute and Aqua gave me her violin case and started opening her flute case to reveal a gold flute with open keys.

She put it together, did a quick scale, and started playing a happy tune. His face immediately brightened and his heart beat evened out. I listened to her masterful playing and was mesmerized once more by how talented she was.

"Are you going to tell me the story behind your flute now?"

"Of course! So where was I?" She asked him.

"Your dad was making you take dance lessons!" He shouted.

Aqua sat down on one of the chairs, and gently laid her flute down on her lap before saying, "My father despised the thought of me playing any instrument because my mom loved to play, and I was a big reminder of my mom passing away. So, he forced me into dance lessons, and for a while I did as he asked. I danced and danced until my feet were bleeding, but I would still be envious of my brother when I would see him play. So eventually my curiosity about the instruments and how to play them reached an all-time high, and I went into my brother's room at night and asked him to teach me. He agreed saying that it was what our mother would have wanted. So that night he started to teach my how to play the violin after he gifted his to me. And within I think it was a month or two, I had almost mastered it, so I asked Kai to teach me how to play the flute. I played on an advanced flute similar to this."