Mated (24)

*Aqua's POV*

We went back to the ball and everyone stared at me, but I shook it off and went over to the dance floor. Tyrus quickly grabbed Silas and started dancing with him in all sorts of flirtatious ways before he disappeared with Silas to do who knows what.

I on the other hand kept on dancing with Kal and Dahlia until Santino came and played the 'my mate almost died' card, and dragged her off of the dance floor, leaving just Kalen and I alone on the dance floor. And at that moment, the music changed from some DJ song that Kai was playing, over to him playing the piano for a slow song.

He held his hand out and said, "May I have this dance?" I nodded my head and he took my hand in his, and we started dancing.

"I didn't think you would be such a good dancer."

"There is much that you are yet to learn about me." He smirked.

"Oh really? Then please do tell me some things that I don't know about you." I said, a smile making its way onto my face.

He spun me around and said, "Well for one, I am not a shifter like you think I am. I am actually a merman from a respectable family close to the King." I knew that he wasn't a shifter just from the way that he presented himself. Shifters are usually full of themselves. Kalen was the opposite.

"I figured as much." I stated, still trying to keep my façade up. If his family was close to the king, then I would probably know of the real Kalen.

"Secondly, I like this girl who is absolutely gorgeous and plays unlike any other."

I knew that he was talking about me, but I wanted him to continue. So I said, "Tell me more about her."

"Her laugh is melodic, and she can play video games like any other."

"Mhmm, and what else?"

"I really want to kiss her." We stopped dancing, and my eyes locked onto his. I laced my hands through his hair as he pulled me closer to him and laid his lips on mine. It felt like fireworks exploded in my mouth and warm tingles ran through my body.

I pulled away from the kiss and said, "You're my mate." My voice was ever so soft when I said it, but he still heard it.

He was smiling from ear to ear as he spun me around in happiness. I couldn't stop smiling, but equally I knew that it was time to come clean to Kal. If I came clean to Kal, then I would have to come clean to Tyrus. And Santino and Silas deserved to know too because I knew that I was going to be seeing more of them.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the dancefloor and over to our table where I pulled out my violin case and then walked over to Dahlia and Santino who were arguing. "Can you two meet me in my room." I could tell that Dahlia and Santino were about to tell me no, but I said, "I saved her life. You two are meeting me in my room." That shut them up, and they made their way to my room while Kal and I walked to his room.

Upon getting there, I stood right in front of Tyrus's door and knocked very firmly on the door. Tyrus slipped out in his robe and said, "Is everything alright? Do you need something, Darling?"

"You need to come to my room immediately, and you can bring Silas too."

"He's my mate, you know?" He said nonchalantly, and I started screaming for him until Kalen draped his arms around me.

"She's my mate, you know?" Tyrus's mouth dropped, and he screamed this time.

"I will be there! And you better give me all of the juicy details, Darling." He winked before he slipped back into his room.

I turned around towards Kalen and said, "Promise to still give us a try, even after I come clean with everything."

"Only if you do the same for me." He said which made me scared, but I still gave him a yes kiss and welcomed the warm tingly feelings that his touch filled my body with.

*SURPRISE!! Anybody see that coming!? Kal and Aqua are mates!!*

This has to be one of my favorite chapters of the whole book! :)

How do you think everyone is going to react to the truth about who she is?

Will Kal be mad? or just happy that he found his mate? 

Guess you'll have to just wait and see!! ;)

**COMMENT & VOTE**