Blood Bond (10)

*Aqua's POV*

Instead of projecting a presentation on the board like he typically does, Vladimir stood in front of the class and said, "Seeing as we have been talking about Balance and the origin stories of all magic, I decided to let Tomoe and Kou talk to the class today. They are the Ancestral Dragon of Light's only children and help to maintain order in Balance. Take the stage, Tomoe and Kou."

They walked to the middle of the room, and Tomoe said, "Being the Ancestral Dragon of Light's sons, we are almost as old as magic itself. With that being said, there is no one in any realm who has as much knowledge on magic as us."

"We know virtually every power that anyone has ever had, and its origins. There are two types of origins: the Ancestral Dragons and a person's ancestors. Both are very different. The Ancestral Dragons tend to bless a family patriarch or matriarch and from then on, magic is passed on through the generations. We see a lot of this type of magic, and it's the type of magic that allows people to manipulate the elements."

"With magic from a person's ancestors, their family had to have already been blessed by an Ancestral Dragon. From there on, the ancestors of their family much choose unanimously to bestow a power upon one of their descendants. These types of powers are much rarer and coveted. For example, there is an especially rare power of this type called skin reading. It allows the user to simply touch a person and gain information as to their height, weight, supernatural classing, and sometimes even memories. This power in particular will only be bestowed upon a person if every ancestor agrees to such, as do the Ancestral Dragons because it is such a rare power." Tomoe said as he made eye contact with me.

A student rose their hand and asked, "Have you ever met someone with that power in particular?" and they both smiled.

"Indeed, we have and both users were in close relation to each other. One of the users was the Late Mermaid Queen and our dear friend, Queen Genesis Okeah, and we are not at liberty to say the other." Kou said, and I was confused on what to do with such information. My father always said that he never knew where such a power came from, and I knew that he wasn't lying but what did that mean? If he truly wasn't lying like I knew he wasn't, then that meant that my mom kept something secret from him. And why would she keep such a power a secret? What thing was invoked such fear in my mother that she didn't even tell her own mate about the power?

"In relation to know every power in existence and how to master it, we also know most spells." Tomoe said as he kept making eye contact with me every once and a while.

"Notice how Tomoe said most. We don't know every single spell because that is simply impossible. A new spell can be made from even an amateur caster if clear intent is given. There are thousands of variations of the same spell, and there are even spells that are yet to be properly performed, such as the blood bond spell."

Almost immediately a girl asked what the blood bond spell was, and I could hear most of the class take in a deep breath. Both Tomoe and Kou's posture and demeanor changed and Kou said, "I should preface this by saying that this spell is illegal in all realms because if done incorrectly, the two users die. Not even Tomoe and I have attempted to perform such a spell."

"But to answer your question it is a spell that the great sorcerer Gwydion created to unite to people, who are not mates, together in an unbreakable bond. Without giving too much detail as to how to perform this spell, because you are all idiotic and would try this," I looked down at my notebook and saw the words, "Not you, you are this school's only saving grace" written on my paper. I smiled, closed my notebook, and looked back at Tomoe and Kou. "The two users share blood. The reason why this spell has never been recorded to have been properly performed is because both users must share the same exact intention and that is impossible. Not even Gwydion could perform it correctly, and he died."

"Now do we have any questions?" Tomoe and Kou asked in unison, and despite them being known as the teachers from hell, there were a ton of students who rose their hands. But most of the students who rose their hands were students from their classes which lead me to believe that they threatened their students to ask questions. I honestly wouldn't have put it past them.

Some questions were cute like what their first spell was, but eventually the questions got blasé until Tyrus rose his hand.

They called on Tyrus to ask a question and he said, "In all of recorded history, I've only heard of you two taking on one student, obviously Her Majesty Mia Rose I of Balance. So my question is if you have taken on any pupils in recent years and what is the criteria to be a true student of yours?" I was genuinely impressed with Tyrus's question.

"We actually are very proud to say that we have taken on a new student, but she has already been a student to Her Majesty and is extremely knowledgeable in even the most advanced magics." Kou said with a huge smile on his face.

"And there are no true criteria to be our pupil, but there are qualities that we look for. For example, both of our students show respect to all and know the true meaning of humility. They are kind, but not to be messed with or taken advantage of. Now we have time for one last question."

I was the only one who rose my hand, and I asked, "What's the best advice you've ever been given?"

"Trust is very easily broken but in most cases is impossible to repair." They said in unison as if they've said it over a million times before.