Nereus (37)

*Aqua's POV*

Once again I was woken up at the crack of dawn to start me getting ready. I didn't at all know what I was going to wear, but I had decided to go with the tide. I just let them do whatever they wished and ended up with a beautiful hairstyle that kept my hair back all while baby's breath was woven into it. My makeup was starkly different from the previous day. Instead of stark neutral smokey eyes and red lips, my makeup was more a glow from within with a beautiful rose gold eye and nude lips. They even changed my nails from a white and gold polish to a rose gold and nude polish.

The servants handed me a velvet box before leaving the room and shutting the door. I opened the box and saw a note written in familiar handwriting that wrote, "Sauve-moi une danse" which meant save me a dance in French.

I put the note to the side and pulled out a white off the shoulder dress with chantilly lace, crystal tulle, 3D organza florals, and Swarovski crystals. It glowed in the light and was ever so delicate. The lace gave off an ethereal feel, but the mermaid cut clung to every curve on my body before flaring out.

In the box underneath the dress was a pair of blush pink shoes with rose gold embellishments on the heel. There was a black velvet box next to the shoes that held beautiful diamond and rose gold earrings. Next to the earrings was a ring box that held a rose gold and diamond ring that resembled a laurel leaf crown.

The servants soon forced their way back into my room to help me into the dress. I saw some of them staring in awe while others helped to lace up the corset so that they could get a closer look. It truly was a beautiful dress.

After I had my dress and accessories on, I slowly walked down the stairs to meet up with Dahlia, whose dress was more intricate than her last, Tyrus, and Kalen. Tyrus had ditched the blush pink tux in favor for a deep purple tux with a metallic, silvery gray tie. Kalen, on the other hand, had stuck with blue but went with more or a turquoise instead of navy blue. It made his eyes look almost electric.

"If I didn't know better, I would say that you were a fairy, absolutely captivating and ethereal." Tyrus smiled while spinning me around.

"Really because I think she's more like a vampire, filled with beauty and mystery." Dahlia smiled while taking my hand from Tyrus and spinning me around herself.

"I believe that she is a mermaid above all. Truly talented and oozing good looks without being too soft like a fairy and too sultry like a vampire. She is utterly captivating." My hand was passed to Kalen as he spun me around and smiled, sending sparks throughout my body.

I looked up at Kalen for a split second before pulling my gaze away and facing Dahlia to tell her that we should go. Within a few seconds, we were heading to the portal that transported us to vampire court.

One by one our group was announced until finally there was me. The announcer smiled when he saw me and said, "The Lady Galatea Monceaux, and our guest of honor once more." I strode down the stairs as elegantly as possible as gasps flew throughout the room about my dress. It was the complete opposite of Dahlia's. Whereas hers was black and ornate, mine was more simple and white. We were complete opposites, but even then when we were put next to each other, we simply complemented the other.

My attention turned towards Her Majesty, and I curtseyed to show my respect before walking over to Tyrus and Silas. I was happy to see that Silas was wearing a gray tux with a deep purple vest and tie that perfectly matched Tyrus's suit. They were just too cute.

"Galatea, you truly are stunning today. This looks suits you far more than the last."

"Thank you, Your Highness. You are truly too kind." I said, trying my hardest to use the etiquette that I was taught when I was younger. I could tell that Silas hated me calling him Your Highness, but what was I supposed to do? I was of no title in Vampire Court and so it would be seen as disrespectful to not regard him by his title.

My attention was quickly diverted from Silas when I heard a violin rip through the air in the beginning of Camille Saint-Saëns's "Danse Macabre". It was a song that I helped a Camille write so long ago when he saw a vampire for the first time. He was merely a human, and thought that I was as well, and was captivated by the fact that these creatures were so lively despite all the rumors about Vampires being dead. He asked me for help, and I am the reason why the violin has such prominent solos in the song.

"Excuse me, Miss Monceaux. May I have this dance with you?" A man with striking green eyes asked. Familiar green eyes.

Remembering that I was seen as an unmated female at court, I had no other option than to say yes. So I put my hand in his, activating my skin reading. He stood at exactly 6'3 and weight one-hundred and ninety-five pounds, but I couldn't read what supernatural he was.

"Twenty-thousand dollars." The man said. His eyes never leaving mine.

"I am sorry, could you please clarify?" I asked politely.

"This dance costed me twenty-thousand dollars. I did say for you to save me a dance after all." His eyes kept on piercing through mine, and I couldn't put my finger on where I had seen them before. I knew those eyes, I just couldn't recall from where.

I smiled and said, "Thank you for the dress. It is absolutely stunning. But on another note, have I met you before?"

A mischevious smile spread across his face as he said, "Mia Bella, why don't you just listen to the music." The nickname Mia Bella felt so familiar, but yet I couldn't put my finger on it. That was until he spun me around.

"Nereus! Oh my god!" I jumped and engulfed him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly before spinning me around.

"It's about time that you recognized me, Galatea. Is it Okeah, I mean okay if I take you somewhere more private to talk?" I hit him in the stomach for making a pun out of our surname before I nodded my head yes.

We waltzed our way off of the dancefloor and walked all the way to his sleeping quarters in the Michaelis estate where court presides. I laid down on his comfy bed, trying not to let my tiredness take over my body.

"May I ask why you are away from home and why you are so close to Dahlia? And why you are also very close with Tyrus, and why the announcer said that Kalen Lagunov was betrothed to you? Oh and why are you being called Galatea?" He started spewing questions at me.

"Stop being the over-protective cousin for one second and let me explain everything to you okay? I left home for a year so that I could go to the Academy and meet my mate before my father forced me to marry Kion Lagunov's son. It turns out that I am mated to him, so I guess that turned out okay. I am close to Dahlia because we are roommates at the Academy and for other reasons that I cannot disclose with you. I am close to Tyrus because I'm just friends with him. Lastly I am being called

Galatea because Dahlia was scared that Her Majesty would put two and two together and realize that I was me. I think that's like it."

He laid down on the bed next to me and said, "You look completely unrecognizable. The only reason I recognized that it was you was when you played. You have a distinct sound, and I knew it was you when I heard it." He stretched a bit before he continued, "I guess your presence explains why there are so many shifters at court. Uncle Destin must have sent them for your safety." Nereus is half shifter and half mermaid. Shifters can recognize shifters.

I jumped out of the bed, "Nereus, my dad doesn't know that I'm here." I started running back to court.

** DUN DUN DUN!!**

That's what you call CLIFFHANGER!!

I wonder what's gonna happen next?> 

Any ideas on who sent the shifters?

Anybody have a cousin that they are so close with that they are more like a sibling?

Thoughts?

Question: When is your birthday? Mine is on June 28, 2002 <3

***Comment & Vote***