Chapter 6

A/N: I don't really have much to say for this author's note. Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I, of course, don't own the Vampire Diaries. Never have, never will. I'm just playing around with the story!

-TNOF-

Sofia arrives at the Forbes residence at around 8:00 in the morning, and knocks on the front door. She hears the sound of keys jingling, and footsteps approaching the door. The front door opens revealing Elizabeth Forbes, Caroline's mother, and the sheriff of Mystic Falls.

"Can I help you?" Liz asks.

"Hi, I'm here to see Caroline," Sofia says with a bright smile.

"Are you a friend of hers?" Liz asks.

"Yep. Elena introduced us," Sofia says, and Liz smiles.

"Well, come on in. Caroline's up in her room," Liz says, and Sofia smiles, and enters the house. "Caroline, I'm heading to work!" Liz calls, and gets no response. Liz sighs, and turns to the door. "Have a good day...," Liz trails off, looking back at the girl.

"Sofia," Sofia clarifies, with a smile.

"Sofia," Liz says, and heads out the door.

"You too, Sheriff Forbes," Sofia says, heading up the stairs to Caroline's room. She knocks on Caroline's bedroom door. "Caroline? It's Sofia."

"Come in," Caroline says softly. She enters the bedroom and sees Caroline sitting on her bed, knees pulled to her chest with her curtains closed. Sofia smiles at the girl, and looks at Caroline's cell phone that is ringing. "It's Matt."

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Sofia asks, and Caroline shakes her head.

"He's going to ask me to go out. And I can't. The sun burns me," she complains, pouting. Sofia chuckles.

"That's actually why I came over so early," Sofia says, reaching into her purse and pulling out a small box. She hands it to Caroline who takes it happily, and she opens the box.

"Oh, wow. It's really pretty! What's this for?" she asks.

"It's a day ring. The stone is spelled so that you can walk in the sun," Sofia says, and Caroline smiles.

"Really?" Caroline asks, taking the ring out of the box.

"Really. I'm lucky enough to have a warlock living with me, and he gladly made it for you," Sofia says, and Caroline slides the ring on her first finger.

"It really is pretty," Caroline says, and Sofia smiles.

"I'm glad you like it. It's just something I picked up in Paris a few years ago," Sofia says.

"You've been to Paris?" Caroline asks.

"Sure. A few times actually," Sofia says, and Caroline's eyes widen.

"What's it like there?" Caroline asks, her eyes lighting up. Sofia smiles and sits on the bed.

"It's beautiful there. Most of the people are wonderful, the sights are something you'd never forget," Sofia says.

"I'd love to go to Paris," Caroline says wistfully.

"And you can," Sofia says, and Caroline looks confused. "You're a vampire now. You can go anywhere you'd like. You have plenty of time to travel the world."

"I never thought of that," Caroline says, smiling a bit.

"Being a vampire may have its low points, but it has its high points, too," Sofia says, and Caroline nods a bit.