Chapter 8

A/N: Might be kind of a boring chapter. But don't worry, the next one will be WAY better. I promise.

Disclaimer: I, of course, don't own the Vampire Diaries. Never have, never will. I'm just playing around with the story!

-TNOF-

'Damon has Mason Lockwood at the boarding house and is torturing him.'

Sofia frowns at the text message from Caroline, and heads out the door of her house. Caroline had been at the boarding house for a couple of hours, taking care of her mother, and sent the text to Sofia. Sofia blurs out of the house, and arrives at the boarding house at the same time as a tall teenage boy holding a box.

"Are you here to see Stefan?" Sofia asks, and the boy jumps and turns around.

"Uh, no. I'm here to see Damon," he says, looking at Sofia.

"Huh, me too," Sofia says, and opens the door, letting the boy go first since he has a box in his hands. He smiles in thanks, and Sofia nods, walking in after him. She shuts the door tightly behind him, and walks behind the boy to the living room. There, Sofia is greeted by the sight of Damon holding a hot fire poker, standing in front of Mason Lockwood tied to a chair.

"Ah, Sofia. Here to witness the torture of Mason Lockwood?" Damon asks, seeing her.

"I'm just as interested in this whole moonstone scenario as you are," Sofia says. 'But for an entirely different reason than you,' she thinks.

"I thought I told you to leave, Jeremy," Damon says, looking at the boy.

"I found something in Ric's box of stuff," Jeremy says.

"Ooo. What is it?" Damon asks, suddenly interested. He puts down the fire poker, and walks over to the table where Jeremy sets the box down. Jeremy takes out a smaller box and opens it up, pulling a cloth off of a plant. Sofia frowns at the familiar plant.

"I did a search on my phone. It's a plant. Aconitum Vulparia," Jeremy starts.

"Also more commonly known as wolfsbane," Sofia says, picking up one of the plants, and observing it carefully.

"Right," Jeremy smiles. "How did you know that?"

"I've been around for over 600 years, sweetheart. I've picked up a few things," Sofia says.

"What does it do?" Damon asks.

"Watch and learn," Sofia smirks, walks farther into the living room and stands in front of Mason. She smiles at him, and he glares at her.

"Where's the moonstone, handsome?" Sofia asks, and Mason shakes his head at her, keeping his mouth shut tight. "It would be so much better for you if you'd just speak up."

"I'm not telling you anything," Mason snaps, glaring at her. Sofia sighs. She takes the plant between her thumb and index finger and runs the wolfsbane over his cheek. He groans in pain, and smoke rises off of his cheek.

"Interesting," Damon says, walking over to her, and looks at Mason. "Mind if I take it from here?"

"By all means," Sofia says, handing him the wolfsbane. He takes it and Sofia steps away and stands by Jeremy.

"What's Katherine doing in Mystic Falls?" Damon asks, brushing the wolfsbane across Mason's cheek like Sofia did, making Mason yell out in pain. "Why is she here?"

"She's here with me. Why do you ask, you jealous?" Mason asks, and Sofia sighs.

"She really gets around, doesn't she?" Sofia asks, and Jeremy snorts beside her.