Chapter 15

A/N: And we've reached the end of season two. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I, of course, don't own the Vampire Diaries. Never have, never will. I'm just playing around with the story!

-TNOF-

"Don't you think it's rude to take up residency in someone's apartment, especially when you took possession of their body?" Sofia asks, standing across the breakfast bar from where Klaus is sitting, and he smirks at her, amused.

"Don't you think it's pathetic to still be hung up on the same guy for 100 years after he died?" Greta asks, looking through a grimorie across the room. Sofia looks sharply at her, and goes to reply, but Katherine beats her to it.

"Don't you think it's stupid to mouth off to a vampire, especially when you're pretty low on the food chain, and said vampire is over 600 years old?" she asks, and Sofia smirks at her.

"Enough, ladies," Klaus says, in an amused voice.

"I'm just saying," Sofia starts again, looking at Klaus who turns his attention back to her as she hops up on the counter. "This is Alaric's home. And you kicked him out of it."

"Well, it won't be forever. He can come back when we're done here," Klaus says, rising from his seat. "Now, if you'll excuse me ladies, I'll be getting a drink at the Grill."

"No fair," Sofia whines when he exits the apartment. She slides off of the counter, and looks at Greta. "So you're the Greta that Jonas and Luka were trying so hard to find."

"Yep," she says. "So my pathetic brother and father are still looking for me?"

"Well, they were," Sofia says, and Greta shrugs.

"I don't consider them family anymore," she says, icily. "My loyalty is to Klaus now."

"Then I'm sure you won't care that they're both dead now," Sofia says, watching Greta's face, hoping for a reaction, but is genuinely surprised when she doesn't get one. Instead, Greta merely shrugs again.

"It was only a matter of time," she says, and Sofia looks at Katherine, who looks surprised as well.

"That's pretty cold of you to say. They're your family," Sofia frowns, looking at the witch.

"I have Klaus. That's all I need," she says, and Sofia looks at her, momentarily stunned. "You loved his brother right? The one who turned you into a vampire?"

"Yes," Sofia says after a few moments of silence.

"Then you should know how it feels to not need anything except for the man you love," Greta says, and Sofia shakes her head.

"No, I don't know how that feels. I loved Kol with my whole heart, but I still needed my brother, and I still had the decency to mourn when my parents passed away after living a long full life, dying at an appropriate old age. Not dying before they were meant to because they were too caught up looking for me," Sofia says, glaring at the witch.

"Then you obviously didn't love Kol the way I love Klaus," Greta snaps, and Sofia blurs over to Greta, grabbing her by the throat and slamming her against the wall by the couch.

"Don't you dare make assumptions about things that you know nothing about," Sofia hisses in her face, but quickly releases Greta when she uses her power against her, causing Sofia to clutch her head, while screaming in pain. Greta steps away from Sofia and Sofia sighs in relief and anger when the pain stops. Sofia rises to her feet, and glares venomously at the witch. "I swear, once all of this Sacrifice bullshit is done with, I'm gonna tear your head off."