L- victor and harlow

~Two years later~

"Which one?" (Y/n) asked Penelope, holding up two equally beautiful wedding dresses.

"You'd look amazing in either." Penelope smiled weakly. "I think I prefer the left one."

(Y/n) took another look at it. It was a pouffy lace dress with an open back. "I get what you mean, but it felt a bit tight on my waist. I also love the train on this one." The other dress was more simple but had a long train trailing behind it.

"I-"

The ringing of an alarm stopped Penelope's words.

"Go for the left." She advised to which (Y/n) offered a curt nod.

She gave (Y/n) a smile and got up from her chair, sadly leaving the room.

Victor was standing directly outside. "That's your hour for the week." He said mockingly.

"Don't go in yet." Penelope said. "You're not supposed to see the dress before the wedding."

"Does she look stunning?" He asked dreamily.

"...yes." Penelope knew she wouldn't get a good reaction no matter what she said. If she said 'yes' he'd get jealous and angry and if she said 'no' he'd get offended and angry.

"Don't get any ideas." He said harshly.

"I won't. I'm going back to my dorm, mother says hello by the way." Penelope replied spitefully. "It wouldn't kill you to call her."

"I don't have time." He huffed.

"You don't have a job!" Penelope argued.

It was true. Since the death of of Peter Fenton, Victor took sole ownership of the company. He promptly sold it, earning more than enough to sustain himself and (Y/n) comfortably for the rest of their lives.

Penelope used the money she inherited from Peter to pay her way through college while Miriam quickly remarried.

"I'm busy looking after (Y/n)."

"I don't have time for your shit, I need to study." Penelope said as she departed down the hallway.

Victor watched her in thought, with an attitude like that maybe he should restrict her visiting time with (Y/n). He brushed the thought away and tapped at the door.

"Come in~" (Y/n)'s voice rang out.

"Have you decided on a dress?" Victor walked up to (Y/n) and put his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. He could only be without her touch for so long.

"Yep. Next time Penelope comes around she can take the other ones back to the store." (Y/n) put her hands on Victor's head, carefully playing with his hair.

They'd been engaged for the past six months after dating for eight months before that. Victor had been with (Y/n) throughout the entire grieving process, something he quickly realised about her was that Yvonne's death completely broke her. (Y/n) became susceptible to new ideas, specifically his ideas. It didn't take long for him to convince her to love him, convince her that Yvonne was an evil seductress, convince her that the outside world was far too dangerous. So dangerous that she should never leave the house again.