II- anger issues

Here's Harlow for ya' ^

(Y/n) waltzed into the clinic through the revolving door. "Hey, Mandy." She greeted the receptionist.

"You ready for the jail bird today?" Mandy raised an eyebrow. (Y/n) had noted how much less formal Mandy was in person compared to on the phone.

"I guess so, it can't be that bad, right?"

"Considering you normally deal with the depressed middle class, I think he might be a little more difficult than what you're used to." Mandy placed his file on the desk and (Y/n) took it under her arm.

"Well, this is what I was trained to do." She said with a shrug. "I'm sure it'll be fine. It'll be a change for me as well, usually all I hear is about how much people hate their kids."

"You should get to your office, he'll be in in ten minutes, if he actually shows up." Mandy rolled her eyes. "A lot of the patients who are here on court order will dodge their appointments, it's a pain in the fucking ass."

"I'm sure he'll turn up."

"I wouldn't count on it." With that, the phone rang and Mandy picked it up, assuming her professional tone of voice.

(Y/n) looked through Harlow's file. He'd been arrested several times and stayed in county jail before, but he'd never been to a real prison. Most of his charges were for alleged assault or drug related crimes. She flicked back to see that he was involved in a life of crime since he was just fourteen, he was in foster care his whole childhood and was now in council housing and living paycheque to paycheque.

It wasn't ordinary for (Y/n) to have clients like this or be around people likes this, her family was fairly well off and her best friends were millionaires. All of the people she treated tended to come from the same suburban lifestyle as her

She glanced up at the clock, his appointment should have started two minutes ago and he hadn't even checked in. (Y/n) sighed loudly, tempted to call Mandy just to make sure he wasn't in the waiting room and had forgotten to check in at reception.

Just as she was about to make a call, her work phone rang. It was the front desk calling her, presumably Harlow had finally turned up.

"Harlow Pickens is here for you Dr (L/n)."

"Great. Send him in." (Y/n) breathed out a small breath of relief. She didn't want to lose her first ever state client, this could be great for her career in terms of a raise. If she managed to reform this man who was practically bred into criminal life, she'd be praised at the clinic.

She had high hopes for him, truly believing that she could help him before he'd even walked through the door. She heard the long awaited creek and turned to see him enter.

(Y/n) had to do a double take as he walked in- he was the splitting image of her friend Victor. Part of her even thought it was him. He had the exact same dark brown hair, although it was more unruly than Victor's who kept his neatly slicked back, his hazel eyes and facial structure were an exact replica of her friend's. Despite having the same appearance, Harlow's look couldn't be more different. Harlow was unkept, a tattoo sleeve clung to his left arm and a silver studs and rings ran up both of his ears.

She was speechless for quite a few moments, blinking to check if she was really seeing what was before her. "Oh, uh, s-sorry," She realised how odd and inappropriate her gawking was. "Please take a seat, Mr Pickens."

His expression showed boredom and frustration as he sat down across from (Y/n) who was still in a mild state of disbelief. She cleared her throat and held out her hand. "I'm your therapist, Dr (L/n)."