V- first

Harlow and (Y/n) kept discussing their lives with each other readily. Soon enough, the fact that they were in a therapy session faded away and both felt like they were just having a conversation.

They had reached the topic of their love lives and both had revealed that they were currently single and neither had much luck in romance. "I've only ever had one girlfriend." Harlow began. "It was in high school, I must have been fifteen. We only dated for three weeks. Can't even remember her name now."

"Well, I've never gone out with anyone. So that's one more than me." (Y/n) laughed.

"For real?" Harlow was shocked, (Y/n) was... attractive to say the very least and he was surprised she wasn't fighting dudes off left and right.

"Well, at school every time a guy would start talking to me he'd just start ignoring me the next day for like no reason. A few of them even looked scared of me, the same thing happened in college. And then since leaving college I've just had so much work I never had time to date." She said wistfully.

"Scared of you?" Harlow smirked slightly.

"I know, it's ridiculous. In my freshman year of college, I kissed this guy at a party and he transferred the next week. It was my first proper kiss as well, before that I'd only ever pecked one person."

"My first kiss was my girlfriend in high school. Neither of us knew what we were doing so it was basically just our teeth changing against each other." He chuckled. "I also lost my virginity to her."

"At fifteen?" (Y/n) asked in surprise.

"Yup."

"Wow. It's totally embarrassing for me to say this but I'm twenty four and I haven't even lost it yet." She admitted.

Harlow couldn't explain the odd feeling of happiness he felt after learning she hadn't given up her virginity yet.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) thought back on her first kiss. Not the guy at the party who she'd made out with, but the peck that came before that... long before that.

(Y/n) rubbed circles into Penelope's back soothingly. "I'm sorry Mason dumped you, but it's totally his loss."

Penelope lifted her face from her hands that she was wailing into, makeup was smudged around her eyes. "It's not even that. He's the hottest guy in school, he was supposed to be my first kiss. I'm sixteen, (Y/n), and I haven't had my first kiss yet! How lame is that?!"

"I haven't had my first kiss." (Y/n) muttered. But Penelope didn't hear, she was back to sobbing into her hands.

"God, I hate him. He took me out to dinner just to dump my ass and make a fool of me. Who's the next hottest guy in school, I'll have to kiss him instead. Would you say Tony?"

"Why don't you just wait?" (Y/n) loved her friend but was exasperated by her constant need for popularity. "I haven't kissed anyone yet!"

"That's because Victor scares off any guy who wants to kiss you or date you." Penelope lamented.

"That's not true." (Y/n) mumbled.

"It totally is, but that's beside the point. You actually have guys who want to kiss you, and what do I have?" Penelope exclaimed, she finally stopped crying and her mascara was beginning to dry into the drips down her cheeks.

"I'll kiss you."

"What?"

"If you want."

Penelope softened her expression and shuffled closer to (Y/n). "Do you like girls?"

(Y/n) shrugged in response. "I don't know. Do you?"

Penelope shook her head.

"Well, if I kiss you then I can find out and you can have your first kiss."

Penelope looked a bit sceptical for a moment.

"I don't like you or anything, you're my best friend and I want to help you out." (Y/n) quickly explained that she held no romantic feelings towards Penelope, which was true.

"Okay." Penelope leaned close to (Y/n) and puckered her lips. "Kiss me."

Both girls shut their eyes as (Y/n) moved her face into Penelope's. Their lips touched but both of them stayed very still, shocked by the contact. They stayed in that place for a few seconds before they both moved away. The kiss they shared was sweet and pleasant but by no means fuelled by passion or lust.

The girls both broke out into smiles and giggled. They were glad to have such a close friendship that they could share such an intimate moment and not have any awkwardness between them.

While the kiss didn't bloom any romance for either party, both came out satisfied. Penelope had got her first kiss. As for (Y/n), she had her suspicions confirmed. The girl had decided after that night that she definitely swung both ways.

"My best friend, she got dumped on the night she wanted to have her first kiss." (Y/n) continued the discussion about first kisses. "And I'm pretty sure my other best friend hasn't had his first kiss. Or a girlfriend or anything." She was, of course, referring to Victor. Penelope always said that he was holding out for (Y/n), which Victor always furiously denied with red cheeks.

"He waiting till marriage or something?" Harlow mused.

"I don't know. He just isn't very oriented around romance." (Y/n) couldn't have been more wrong. In truth, Victor's entire life revolves around romance. Specifically his unrequited romance with her.

An image of Victor popped into (Y/n)'s head. "He's basically your twin."

"What, does he like the same stuff as me?"

"No, he literally looks exactly the same as you!" She said.

"Can I meet him? Take a look for myself." Harlow leapt at the opportunity to see a bit more of (Y/n).

"I don't know. It's against clinic protocol for therapists to meet their patients outside of sessions." She weighed up the options.

"Come on. We're already doing things a little unorthodox." He coaxed her further.

"I suppose so." (Y/n) sighed. "Give me your number and I'll think about it."

Harlow snatched her phone off her desk and eagerly typed in his number. He still was unable to pinpoint what was pushing him to engage with (Y/n) outside of her workplace but the feeling was persistent and he couldn't lie and say he didn't enjoy it.