III- together again

Picture up top is of Victor ^

Friday had come around and (Y/n) sat at her desk in her apartment, trying desperately to think of an angle to approach Harlow's problems from. So far, she was coming up short. Her brainstorming session was cut short by a text appearing on her phone.

Penelope: I'm outside xxx

(Y/n): Be down in a minute.

(Y/n) was glad to put an end to agonisingly staring at a blank sheet of paper. She smiled as she grabbed her phone and keys, excited to see Victor again. She called him every Monday but it's not the same as seeing him.

Penelope's sports car stood out against the far less impressive cars that surrounded it. (Y/n) swung the door open and sat in the passenger seat. "You ready to go?" Penelope asked, moving her sunglasses to the end of her nose.

"Yep." (Y/n) felt her heart rate increase as she felt the car move down the road. When she first discovered Victor would be leaving for an entire year she was utterly devastated, she wanted to beg him not to go but settled for giving him encouraging words and just crying into her pillow at night. (Y/n) felt as close to him as she was Penelope, despite Penelope being her age so they shared classes when they were at school. Victor and (Y/n) went to college together until her senior year as he graduated a year before her, she'd always be very upset when he left middle school, high school and then college a year before her on account of being older but at least he was in the same country and was only down the road from her if she needed him.

For the past year, (Y/n) had busied herself with more patients than ever to keep her mind off of Victor. If Harlow had come to the clinic any earlier that year, (Y/n) probably would have completely lost it as it would be like staring at Victor when he was so far out of reach. At least he only checked in a day before Victor's return.

"He better have got me a souvenir." Penelope remarked. "Or at least some candy from duty free."

"I'm just glad he's back." (Y/n) glanced out the window, watching the scenery skid past.

"He's gonna be at home or at the office all the time as well, dad's training him or something." Penelope made a turning into the car park of the airport.

"Seriously?" (Y/n) thought of how close he'd be, it would be a nice change from his previous absence.

"You can talk to him about it." She pulled into a parking space and pulled her key out of the ignition.

People drifted out of baggage collect. Victor's flight had already landed and the two women were just waiting for him to come through the large automatic doors that seemed perpetually open with the constant stream of people flowing through them. Penelope was out holding a piece of paper with his name scribbled across it in colourful writing.

Eventually his face entered (Y/n)'s vision, though at first her mind equated him to being Harlow. Her eyes lit up and she grabbed Penelope's shoulder. "Victor!" She yelled while shaking Penelope wildly. Once her friend understood what was happening, she flapped the piece of paper around violently to further capture his attention.

But it was (Y/n)'s voice that got him to turn in their direction. Victor looked same, as well kept as ever even through the jet lag. He smiled warmly at the two women and walked over to them as quickly as he could without running.

When he was in front of them he let go of his large suitcase and immediately pulled (Y/n) into his arms, hugging her close to him. It had been so long, too long since he had touched her and the feeling was euphoric to him. Just the sight of her after so long made him go weak in the knees, even after being without her for two minutes her presence had incredible effects on him. Victor inhaled her perfume that lingered in her (h/c) hair, it was nothing short of intoxicating. But nothing made him happier than the fact that she was clinging onto him too, though not as tightly she was clearly glad to see him.