XXXVIII- keeping secrets

Victor drove home from the mechanic. He had similar reservations with Yvonne that Harlow had. (Y/n) always seemed to be ditching him in favour of hanging out with Yvonne and whether it was a close friendship or something more he didn't like it one bit.

His grip on the steering wheel significantly increased in irritation. Victor hated that he was going to Harlow for assistance, he was actually relatively glad he didn't have any information though.

Even if Yvonne was just (Y/n)'s friend and nothing more they were still spending too much time together, and being far too affectionate.

(Y/n) didn't need her!

(Y/n) didn't need anyone who wasn't Victor.

"Yvonne, could I have a minute with you?" Victor asked, attracting the attention of Yvonne and Penelope who were standing over some varied profiteroles in the kitchen.

"Can this wait? I'm trying the different buttercreams." Penelope said.

"It's sort of important." Victor grumbled, walking further into the kitchen. "Maybe you could try them while I talk to her and then she can come back."

"....Make it quick." Penelope answered before dabbing her finger in the bowl of the first flavoured cream.

Yvonne, feeling confused, stepped outside of the kitchen with Victor. "What's up?" She asked, not sure as to why Victor needed to speak to her.

"I just noticed you've been spending an awful lot of time with (Y/n) lately..." He trailed off.

"Yes...and?" Yvonne crossed her arms defensively.

"I'm her best friend. I wanted to know what was going-"

"We're friends." Yvonne shot back. Although she wanted to be public about her relationship with (Y/n), she knew that (Y/n) wasn't ready to tell people. "So, you can chill out."

Victor was relieved that their relationship only extended to friendship. "That's all I needed to know." Victor turned to leave

"She's not into you, man." Yvonne said. "I'm sorry, but she's not gonna date you."

"Excuse me?" He turned around upon hearing his.

"I know about your whole confession thing... she doesn't like you. Policing everyone she interacts with isn't going to change that." She responded.

"Who do you think you are?" Victor growled. "Do you realise that my family employs you?" He felt his temperature growing in frustration.

"I'm not saying this as an employee. I'm saying this because you're clearly not getting the hint."

Victor opened his mouth to speak again but his words died in his throat.

"I should get back to your sister."

"...And then I just went back to the kitchen." Yvonne concluded her anecdote to (Y/n) as they cut the ingredients for Amelia's soup.

"God, I'm so sorry about him." (Y/n) shook her head. "Victor can be such a dick to people he doesn't know very well."

"I don't care about him." Yvonne shrugged.

(Y/n) sighed. "I should just tell him that we're dating."

Yvonne looked up from the carrot she was slicing and put her knife down gently. "I don't want you to feel pressured to tell people if you're not ready."

"No...no- I know you want people to know and-"

"You don't have to do this for me." Yvonne reminded. "Trust me. I got a lot of pressure from my ex girlfriend to come out and I resented her so much for it."

"It's not just you... I want Victor to realise that I'm in a relationship and that nothing's going to happen between us... I'm also sick of hiding this from everyone apart from you and Penelope." (Y/n) said honestly.

Yvonne lit up with a small smile. "If you need any help telling people then I'm here for you."

"I think I'll call my mom and-"

(Y/n) was cut off by her phone ringing. She rolled her eyes and looked at the caller ID. It was Harlow.

"Hi, Harlow."

"(Y/n), I've been using again." He groaned tiredly.

(Y/n) went tense immediately. "Where are you??"

Yvonne noticed (Y/n)'s panicked state and and mouthed the words 'are you okay?' to her.

But (Y/n) didn't respond to Yvonne, too focused on listening to what Harlow had to say about his location.

"I'm at my apartment."

"Hang on, I'll be there." (Y/n) hung up and looked at Yvonne. "I'm so sorry, I need to-"

"It's fine. You can tell me later." Yvonne understood all too well that sometimes you had to rush somewhere in emergency situations and didn't have time to explain.

"Bye, I'll see you... soon." (Y/n) gave Yvonne a quick kiss on the cheek and then hurried out the door to get to her car.