XLIII- again and again

Penelope tapped at the door she believed belonged to Harlow. She didn't use too much of her hand to do so, fearing the germs she may contract if she did.

A small gasp left Penelope's lips as the door was opened. Harlow really did look exactly like Victor... well, if Victor had been dragged through a sewer.

It was safe to say that he wasn't doing great, after calling the clinic he completely trashed his apartment.

"Who are you and what do you want?" He said aggressively.

"I'm a friend of (Y/n)'s."

A genuine smile made its way onto Harlow's face when the woman said the name of his angel. "How is she?"

"You need to call the clinic and tell them you were lying, this is serious stuff you're messing with." Penelope reprimanded him. "She's lost her job. How is she gonna earn money?"

"Remind her of something I said a while ago, my wife should never have to work. I'll be providing for her in no time."

Penelope became severely weirded out. "Dude, you're not in a relationship with her."

Harlow's happy expression dropped. "Not yet. Get out of here."

"She's really upset, I don't think you understand how much impac-"

"Good. When she brings herself to me, I'll comfort her all she needs."

Even if Penelope had a response, she didn't get the opportunity to say it since the door was promptly slammed in her face.

She walked out of the apartment building in defeat as she dialled (Y/n)'s number.

"Hi, I just spoke to Harlow." Penelope said.

"Thank God you're okay! What did he say?" (Y/n) gasped into the phone.

"I couldn't convince him to get you the job back, I'm sorry." Penelope moped.

"That's fine, I think you should stay away from him though." (Y/n) said.

"Whatever... I'm gonna stay out for the night. Drink a bit, might hookup, who knows."

"But what about William?"

Penelope felt herself grow hot. "That dickhead hasn't answered any of my calls or texts! I can guarantee that he's doing worse than me!"

(Y/n) tried to call Penelope back as soon as she was cut off but the call went straight to voicemail. "Ugh!" She exclaimed.

"Is she okay?" Victor asked unenthusiastically.

"Yeah, but I think she's about to cheat on William." (Y/n) ran her hand through her hair and shoved her phone in her pocket.

"Don't worry about that." Victor attempted to coerce (Y/n) away from the things that were troubling her.

"You were totally right about Harlow... I shouldn't have got close to him." (Y/n) slumped onto the couch next to Victor.

He smirked, placing his arm around her shoulder. "It's okay, just trust me next time." He relished in the feeling of her admitting her mistakes.

"You're not always right though." (Y/n) pointed out.

He grimaced. "What am I wrong about?"

"Sometimes I think if you had things your way you'd be the only person I talk to." She joked.

Victor deadpanned. "And? What's wrong with that?"

(Y/n)'s smile faltered a little. "I was only kidding."

"Well, maybe things would be better if you did that." He kept on his serious expression.

"You're not funny."

"I'm not joking."

(Y/n) sat up from her relaxed position. "I'm really not in the mood for this-"

"Think about how perfect things were in college." Victor sighed, completely ignoring (Y/n)'s words. "It was just the two of us against the world. I wish things could be like that again...only without the world."

(Y/n) tried to shuffle away as she grew more uncomfortable but was quickly grabbed by Victor.

"Don't leave me." His grip went to her waist, it was tight to the extent that (Y/n) could feel the formation of finger shaped bruises.

"Victor-"

He pressed a kiss against her lips, silencing her. Victor pulled back with a wide smile which opposed the horrified countenance on (Y/n)'s face. "Stop talking, I need you to listen."

"Vic-"

"I told you to stop!"

Both of their heads snapped to the corner of the room with the sound of an opening door. "What are you guys doing...?" Penelope stepped into the room, Victor still had (Y/n) bundled close to him in his arms. He looked angry while she looked completely terrified.

With a witness now present, (Y/n) wriggled away from Victor. "I need to go."

"I didn't cheat on William, as per your request, the least you can is stay." Penelope said with a sweet smile.

"Yeah, you should stay." Victor acted innocently.

"I... really can't." (Y/n) stumbled out of the room and carried herself out of the house. 'Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck,fuck,fuck, fuck...' Went on in her head as she drove away.