"I need to take you to the army grounds." Victor replied with a short sentence, observing Lucius from the corner of his eyes.

Lucius looked back confused, "Army grounds? What for?"

As they got inside the car waiting for them, Victor said, "I heard from Father and Pa that there is a man you fancy. If someone is going to try and take my baby brother from me, I need to assess them first. Plus, Father ordered me to become an instructor at the military base grounds. I need to get use to the people there and I need to look out for the man you like." Saying this, his face didn't even blush with shame but he was dying of laughter inside.

Lucius sighed with anger, his hands moved as if he was getting ready to hit Victor. "I don't fancy him, I just think he's interesting. And you're talking about Mark Stephens, the youngest general. He became a general at age 18, rising from a small and normal family. Within his years at the military school, his power steadily rose. I don't know for sure but it's rumored that his pheromones are really strong or something like that. Anyways, right now he is currently 25. I don't fancy him because there is already a beta vying to get his attention."

Victor's eyes darkened gradually, almost as if he was curious but also angry. "A beta? Someone is trying to take my brother's man? Who is it?"

"For the last time, Vic, I don't fancy Mark. It's just, he is different from the other alphas that I've met. And the beta is Raven Blaxe, the Prime Minister's second son. Right now he is currently 22 years old and is a soldier under Mark. They say that he's talented in martial arts, not that I would know." Lucius finally couldn't help it and knocked his knuckle against Victor's head, scolding him lightly. It was hard to tell who was older.

Victor merely laughed as Lucius hit him, the pain almost unnoticeable to him. "Alright then, if you say so, then your older brother will agree to your words. But, since you don't fancy that Mark dude, then you must not get distracted by anything. When I'm talking to everyone, I expect you to be by my side throughout everything."

"Alright, Vic," Lucius didn't bother to argue with Victor. He already knew his brother's personality. Carefree, easygoing, overall, playful to the heart. He knew that Victor cared for him deeply and cherished him much more than what outsiders knew. Even when he was just a kid, Victor always carried him around, playing with him even when he had lessons taught by their royal tutor.

Lucius still remembered that day in his heart, the day that Victor left for the next 9 years, unable to return. On that day, who knew what had happened, but, it was as if Victor had gone out of control. His brother was almost acting like that of a madman, he went crazy, destroying everything in his way. Lucius still remembered smelling a strong smell, like the salty air from the ocean, enveloping him harshly and his breathing slowed. It was only after yelling out his brother's name a few times that the force disappeared, his brother back to normal.

After that, his brother cried and cried as he hugged him, repeatedly asking him if he was alright. For Lucius, it was the first time he had ever saw his brother cried. Even when he broke his arm, even when he cut himself with a sword, even when he got burnt by fire, he had never flinched nor shown a hurt expression, much less cry. And soon after, his brother was sent abroad without him knowing that he would be gone so long. He only found out that the 3-day trip was going to last maybe even forever.

Lucius didn't blame his brother, he would never blame his brother. He had clearly seen the devastation within his brother's eyes after realizing what had happened, the hurt shown clearly on his face. What he regret most was that he was unable to say it wasn't his fault, to tell Victor that he didn't blame him. Now, they both had already grown up.

"Your Highnesses, we have arrived."

"Thank you," Victor smiled as he got out of the car, reaching out a hand towards Lucius, who accepted it with raised eyebrows.