Chapter 56: Relationships

Roni POV
Aaron left early this morning to go film. This was expected, so we have a bunch of stuff planned out for when he comes back. Instead of the kids waking up at their regular time, I tell them to go back to sleep. It's no sense in waking up that early when we're not doing anything until a good six hours later. They watch a little TV until they go back to sleep. I get a little bit more rest to.

When it's time to wake up and get the ball rolling, I make sure to open the twins clothes and get out all their things while they're still sleeping or watching TV. It'll make things so much easier. It seems like Nessa had the same idea. I watch as she gives Kian kisses all over his face before she goes to start getting things ready. While she's ironing, he returns the favor. I really miss having moments like that with Aaron. Of course I see him every three weeks and I'm done here visiting him now, but it's not the same. I miss having time in both of our schedules for each other. There's nothing like the time when we first started talking to each other and we would leave good morning text and couldn't stop talking to each other. We would drop everything to talk to each other. Nothing beats the days when we were inseparable from each other and hugged and kissed each other every time we walked pass each other. It seems like we're drifting apart without meaning to. I knew that something was going to happen because what ever goes up, has to come down. Now that the thrill of the new opportunities have gone up, the bad has started bringing us down.

Despite being bothered by what's happening with what Aaron and I's careers doing to our relationship, I move on. It doesn't stop me from looking forward to when he gets home. I'm sure he's ready to come home too. It's not like I'm blaming it on him or anything. I would never want to enable him from doing what he loves. That's the worst thing ever in a relationship. If somebody did that to me in a relationship then I would be out. I'm so glad that we aren't like that.

I won't let this ruin the vacation. It's already a lot at home, so this is sort of a break. I finally wake the twins up and get them dressed. I do Vi's hair while Vinny plays with the rest of the kids. Vi stays in the bathroom while Nessa and I do our makeup.

After about an hour of us waking up, we're ready to go. We go to this really popular bagel shop that has al these weird and wacky flavors. Everyone says it's amazing so we give it a try. None of the reviews were wrong because it was delicious. I pick up a bagel for Aaron. They're huge and I could barely get through one. Vi and Vinny share a rainbow one. All the kids get the same one. It's rainbow with cookies and cream, cream cheese.

Next we go and take a trip to the park. It's Central Park and it very famous. They have a lot of tourist and a zoo. The kids smile from ear to ear while looking at their favorite animals. Rightfully Kian, Nessa, and Revel are doing things as a family, that leaves me and Alex to hang out. I never realized how much of a big brother Alex is to me. He's always making me laugh and always has my back, we're always in a sibling type rivalry too. It's cool to have someone else around that's going through the same struggle as me right now.

As we converse, I wait until the kids walk away to ask him a question.

"So, have you found the lucky girl yet?" I ask him.

"Maybe" he says and holds the may.

"Tell me everything" I urge .

"Well, do you remember when I left the house to get some alone time?"

"Yeah"

"Well that was for a date" He says "The girl I hung out with was ok but the date lasted almost thirty minutes. That was just not a good date. She seemed so uninterested and I think I was just so worried about the dating scene again that I couldn't focus on her. Then this girl was getting off of her shift at the brunch place that we were eating at. Before she left she dropped her pen and I picked it up. We grazed hands and I swear that I wanted to marry her right then and there."

"This is sounding a little to familiar" I raise my eyebrow to it.

"I know, I know, but this time is different. We're just talking and not rushing anything. She's really excited to meet the kids though"

"That's a huge sign of commitment" I tell him. I give him a big hug. "I'm proud of you moving on. I'm glad you stopped feeling like you weren't worth because trust me, whatever girl gets you is going to end up being one of the luckiest girls in the world. Second to me of course." I tease. He rolls his eyes.

"Thanks, lil sis" He says

"No problem, big bro"

The rest of the day was great. I guess Aaron not being here had some benefits. I got to further my relationship with Alex, which was really cool and fun. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean the that I wasn't the first person to give Aaron a hug when he came in.

"There's my gorgeous wife" He says as he hugs me and gives me a peck. He towers above me. He could probably even pick me up in a hug. It's so comforting though. I know I was mad earlier but should I be. Right now it doesn't but maybe it is an issue. I push it aside and spend time with everyone.