Chapter 12 - Eliza

5 Years Later...

I readjust myself as I stand in front of the door, fixing the shopping bags in my left hand so I am able to ring the doorbell. Today, I brought over a cake and some other snacks to celebrate Alice's twenty-sixth birthday. This has been the tradition Alice, Dan, and I have had ever since they got married four years ago, so this year, the tradition of us all being together on Alice's birthday continues just as we promised it would. With the gleeful thought that today is going to be yet another good day, I brush my hand through my long black hair and ring the doorbell before resetting my position to how it was before I reached the doorstep.

It is a much further process to get over to this house than the apartment Alice and Dan were at when they first started dating. Sure, the house is much more suitable for the life they live now, but considering my aunt and uncle had helped Alice set herself up to afford that apartment, that place still holds a lot of nostalgic value to me. Thankfully, the villa they bought together is quite an extravagant place that will produce fond memories as well.

Near the entrance to the driveway is an elegantly decorated and raised platform that has a personalized jacuzzi and pool. Right now it is covered because nobody is using it right now, but usually, the smell and the color of the water inside is perfectly clear and natural; each time I walk by it, I am reminded by the gentle nature of a privately owned lake. Sometimes, I use this pool to do practice drills, but considering that Alice and Dan usually have a big crowd around the house, I am only able to make it during privately held events they host.

The door opens to reveal an extremely gorgeous woman with long silver hair, green eyes, and the smile of an angel. Alice, immediately, even without properly greeting me like how she does any other guest, quickly wraps me up in her arms. Her skin easily presses against mine considering that she is wearing a slightly scandalous crop top and an extremely cute pair of Jamaican shorts that reveal her ample bottom. As the mature woman hugs me, very faintly, her perfectly sized breasts press against mine in an innocent and friendly manner.

"Yay! Aunt Grem is here!" Alice giggles, further resorting to make my embarrassing nickname slightly more unbearable.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a pair of red-framed glasses peak out from the corner atop the stairs to the gorgeous house above. I reach my hand out to the source of those familiar brown eyes nervously staring at me. In a way, it slightly taints my heart knowing that there is a sense of wariness and hesitancy behind that glance, but I understand very well that this is the first time that the concept will truly click within the mind of the child.

The owner of the red framed glasses steps out into the stairwell, lightly gripping onto the banister as he makes his way down cautiously. He stares at Alice, but his eyes occasionally drift and rest on my face with an expression that only I can understand. He's nervous, for he knows that whatever is about to happen is going to change just about everything he knows. However, it isn't my intention to break the world he has of his at the moment. I look at Alice and smile at her, letting Alice and him know that I am just here to be good company, just like every other year.

"Later," I mouth to Alice, nodding at her despite the fact that my heart is about to burst out of my chest.

Alice scoops the cake out of my hands, allowing me to somewhat readjust and fix my clothing, the snacks, and multiple gifts I have set out for Dan, Alice, and the boy for later in the evening. With a soft sigh of relief, thankful that I didn't have to hold the heavy baked goods anymore, I slightly bend down to fix the long red dress i decided to wear today.