Chapter 1 - Dan

Eliza and I haven't been friends for very long compared to the friendship that Alice and Eliza have, but apparently this is the first time they have hung out together outside of school in quite a long time. I am unsure why Eliza would invite me out to hang out with her best friend, but I can't complain because Alice has told me before that Eliza would never willingly invite a male to hang out with her or Alice in any capacity. Sure, it might just be to carry the girl's bags as they shop for swim-wear, but it means a lot.

"Alice, please show me what you look like in the swimsuit you buy, okay?" Eliza begs, giggling as she grabs Alice's wrist and begins to drag her around the store.

I follow the two of them inside, but I decide to stay back a few yards behind them because I catch momentary glances of death from Eliza as if she is a Rottweiler guarding the family porch. Despite me being somewhat athletic, Eliza is out of the ballpark when it comes to natural ability and strength. I doubt even some mixed martial artists would want to stay in a room with Eliza alone.

It doesn't take long for us to make it to the dressing rooms, and I would suddenly be tossed their belongings as well as the colorful arrangements of swimsuits that the two girls have picked out to try on. Considering that there are quite a few of the same type of bikini in a multitude of different colors and patterns, I may as well be here all day. I wouldn't put it past either of them to grab a whole new batch when they are through trying these on.

"Girls huh?" Another man, most likely in the same situation as me, would say. He nudges my arm to get my attention, "Is the angel-haired girl your girlfriend? She's gorgeous."

The angel-haired girl in question would happen to be Alice. I blush a small amount at the thought of her being my girlfriend because everything that is happening somewhat feels like a cliché romance movie is happening right before my eyes. His question would be of course be directed to the very girl I have fallen in love with, so the thought of Alice being my love is a dream of mine.

However, I don't answer him. I keep to myself and wait patiently for the girls to fit on their first set of bikinis. Being young girls in college, you would think that the two of them would be in their dorms having to study, but the two of them seem to have a ton of free time despite being members of the school's swim team. I don't want to butt in on their personal lives, so I can't really tell them what is wise to do in terms of schoolwork. I can't say much anyway considering I am here with them.

After about ten minutes or so, I would watch as Eliza's head pokes out of the dressing room curtain. She doesn't show much of her swimsuit as she tightly grips onto the curtain to make sure nothing gets shown to me. We meet each other's eyes for only a moment before she retracts and gives me a death glare in return. Within the circular lenses of her glasses, Eliza has soil-colored brown eyes that are able to peirce and crush any heart she desires. However, I am sure she has had times where those brown orbs cried or felt happiness.

"Alice, are you ready?" Eliza cooes out, immediately shifting from her death stare to a much more giggly nature.

There is a long pause of silence. I get up to try and help with the situation, but I am immediately shot down by a warning stare by Eliza. I stop in my tracks despite holding all of their belongings and potential clothing, but even as I stop, Eliza's stare stays on me. I am unsure what I have done to have majorly upset her, but I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I am the only male she has ever been around outside of school.

"I don't want to be seen in a swimsuit," The shaky voice of Alice would respond.

Eliza's expression deflates into one of disappointment, for I'm sure she really wanted to compliment her best friend in a swimsuit. Her glasses look a little foggy, but I can see a slight amount of sadness within the golden shade of her eyes. Very slowly, Eliza makes her way out of her changing stall in hopes of approaching Alice's. Compared to the cool and calm demeanor she had earlier, it seems that Eliza is deeply worried about Alice in a way that is completely different from how she treats her friends in school.