Claw 10

The downpour didn't seize throughout the night. Thunder struck outside, awakening the student in bed as he groans quietly to himself, rolling on his side to face the side of his dark room. Moonlight entering in his room through the small gaps of his closed curtains, his mind barely awakening as he resumes to close his eyes. However, the weather did not calm as another strike was heard outside loudly and Wonwoo lets out a sigh. Opening his eyes to face the darkness, his mind gradually awakening by the rudeness of the weather. 

'What the fuck are you so loud for, thunder?'

Grumbling to himself, he sat up and his blurry vision made him more blind within the darkness. Lifting up his hands, he rubbed the tiredness away from his half-lidded eyes and his fingers interlocked with his raven-like locks, letting out a small yawn as he looks around. Remembering the feline staying for tonight, he looked to the side and saw the lack of presence of the tom. Squinting through the darkness, supposedly mistaking the feline body as part of his own blanket, he pat lightly on the side of the bed where Junhui slept. Unfortunately, Junhui was gone and Wonwoo confusingly look around the room. 

Leaning over to his lamp, he turned on the light and the brightness nearly making him more blind. Blinking several times to adjust to the brightness of his surroundings, he looked around his room to expect the feline to leave his bed for another place to sleep in. Supposedly, his bed wasn't warm enough. Wonwoo knew Junhui would like warmer places, especially when Wonwoo hogged the blanket. Taking his glasses from his nightstand, he placed them rightly on the bridge of his nose, as his vision became clearer. Leaving the warmth of his bed, he felt the coldness bite at his exposed arms, goosebumps trailing along his flesh and his bare feet met the wooden floor. 

Ignoring the cold floor underneath his feet, Wonwoo shuffled out his room. "Junhui?" he calls out in a gruff tone from sleep, turning on the lights as he travels to the lounge area connected to the small area considered the kitchen. Glancing around, Wonwoo pursed his lips tightly, considering the many possibilities where the feline could be. Opening the drawer with his trash can inside, he would think Junhui had explored and ended up opening the drawer, somehow falling in. Not like it is unfamiliar behavior of a curious cat. However, Wonwoo met the sight of his own trash and he closed the drawer with confusion. 

Where could Junhui be?

"Junhui?" Wonwoo calls out once more, shuffling around like a headless chicken as he has no idea where the feline would be. Glancing at the front door, the door remains locked and Wonwoo wouldn't think Junhui had possibly open his front door to escape. Unless, he transforms into a human however the possibility of Junhui being human is unlikely. For these past days, Junhui seems fine and hasn't had the correct amount energy to transform into his human form according to Mingyu. Sighing, Wonwoo dropped down onto his knees and leaned down to check under the couch. The feline must be hiding away from the thunder. 

Thunder struck again and Wonwoo wondered if the bolt of electricity is near the dormitory, as the loudness of the phenomena sounds far too loud in his ears. Fortunately, it didn't boom within his ears and shake the whole building, supposedly the thunder is at a close distance. A sigh left his lips as he picks himself up from his wooden floor, shuffling off to bed and looking under the bed, hoping to find the familiar feline asleep in a corner to hide away from the thunder. However, Wonwoo found nothing and he lifts himself up to his feet with slumped shoulders. He felt tired. He wanted to go back to sleep, however he wanted to check if Junhui is okay.

He didn't want Junhui stuck in anything because of his curious behavior nor did Wonwoo want Junhui stressed throughout the night because of thunder.

Glancing at his digital clock sitting beside his bed, he read the glowing number of 4 and Wonwoo frowns to himself. He usually awakens around 6 a.m. for classes, however it seems like he has awaken earlier than his alarm expected. Wonwoo sighs dejectedly, the 4 hours of sleep not enough for him to survive the upcoming start of the day. Contemplating to himself, Wonwoo remembered one more room and he looked at the closed bathroom door. Wonwoo doesn't remember closing the door of the bathroom, unless he did it without any forethought. Usually, Wonwoo would leave his doors open within the night with an exception of the front door.