Claw 5

'Maybe... 

Just maybe...

Wonwoo is keeping his promise.

He will come back.'

Butterflies of hope flew around inside his head, each insect dying by the sudden flames of doubt and the remains of ashes reminds Junhui of the pain he felt because of Wonwoo. It's been a week since he thought endlessly, remaining on the same bench as his patience never diminished by each passing second. Who knew, his own patience will last for another day. Then another. A whole week without Wonwoo and Junhui lifelessly laid on the bench, his paws hanging off the edge of the wooden bench with a vacant gaze. Despite the flutter of hope, the last remaining wings are ready to become crisp by doubt. 

'Maybe he forgotten me. 

Maybe it was an accident.

Maybe he is busy with college...

He always says he is busy.'

Junhui blinked slowly at the green grass, the wind flowing on the layers of his fur and his tail twitched by the sensation. His nose twitching and he could sense the clouds above becoming angry, once again. He never understood why clouds cry. They weren't animals nor humans, why do clouds cry? 

Why couldn't he cry?

Droplets fell from above again and he curled up, shivering by the change of weather and cursing mentally at the clouds above. His luck unfortunate enough, what else does nature want? 

Curling up and begging for warmth from his own soaked pelt, he didn't have the energy to pick himself up as he lacks the food and water to monitor himself. Surely, he could return to Hansol, however his own loyalty is dedicated to Jeon Wonwoo. He only wants Wonwoo. The possessive thoughts swarming his delusional mind, as he couldn't accept in letting go Wonwoo despite the doubt flaming his hope in a harsh blaze. It only reminds Junhui of how worthless he is. He is nothing but a stupid mistake that couldn't look after himself. 

Mainly because of the discrimination of being a hybrid. He doesn't understand. He never understood the system. How can he live in this world alone? 

He needs to depend on someone. 

However, the fear of being locked up and caged with a sore body isn't something he wants to relive. He barely made it alive with his barely healed body. 

Shutting his eyes, his ears swiveled around as he listens intently to his surroundings. The instincts of being vulnerable and in open space not giving him any type of comfort and he heard the distant barks, and he knew he heard those dogs before. A pack of wild dogs. The park isn't exactly isolated but is near dusty hills, of course wild animals would sometimes trespass into the city life. Opening his eyes, he saw the distant shadows of the beasts and he felt the panic fuel his body. Suddenly, he lifted himself up from the bench and hopped off, barely managing to land on his paws. 

Distant growls and barks growing near and he decided to run off. Not exactly knowing a place, but he decided on the college campus as he knows an exact place to stay. Arriving on the campus with fast pawsteps, he ignored the students rushing for shelter or the students holding their umbrellas, as he dashed towards the familiar tree he had claimed before. Stumbling and slipping on the wet concrete, he crashed into the tree's wooden bark and he abruptly landed on his side, his back taking the harsh blow against the wood. Laying paralyzed by the shock of pain, Junhui let out labored breaths as he tried to seize the fear pulsing his bones, and the pain achingly cursing him. 

He should of been more careful.

Giving several minutes to seize the ache, he finally moved his body to lay restlessly onto his side and curl up defensively. Not daring to show his stomach, as any predators can easily claw open his tummy and may kill him because of his sensitive organs. To ensure his safety, he could climb up the tree, however the adrenaline of fear disappeared as a dead flame. Rain dripped from the leaves above and fell upon his forehead and he shut his eyes, ignoring the soreness in his body and the cold that surrounded him. Slowly, he fell asleep and the rain's scent captivated him as each droplet sung a lullaby to lure him to sleep.