Chapter 35

Archer's PoV

I know what Alex will do next.

When I stare into her eyes, I see a wild fire raging behind. I see a fierce, pained, and determined soul. I see someone that strives to be a better person and while she's striving and working so hard to be this person, she forgot that she already is amazing the way she is. I wouldn't change anything in her for the whole world.

I never knew I'm capable of loving someone. I never knew that I would be willing to do so much, so fucking much for this one person. I'm literally ready to lose myself for her. If I had to choose between me and her, it would be her. Because if it wasn't her and I was there, all alone, then Who am I?

Who am I without my world? Without my life? Without the person that was able to care for me when I barely did?

How was I living before she came? How was my life before her? It's terrifying that I don't remember yet at the same time...

I don't care.

Alex is going to tell me that she doesn't want to involve me. She'll say it's okay and she'll leave and so on. But I won't allow it.

She doesn't realize that she's doing the same thing I did a few days ago. She's too blinded. What happened to Jordan scarred her forever and she's worried that it will happen again.

To me.

She's worried about me.

It's pleasant. It's really pleasant and nice to know that she could be worrying about anything at this moment but she's worried about me. She could be thinking of anything at this moment but she's thinking about me.

I suppress the silly grin that wants to break free, but I'm sure it's showing with the way Alex is staring at me right now.

"Alex, I know what you are going to do next and I won't just sit back and let you do what I did one week ago"

Red eyes stare right back at my green ones and for a few seconds, I drown and drown... And... What was I saying?

"Umm... Yo- I mean, I won't allow you to push me away. There's something that you don't understand here Alex. I couldn't care less what happens to me if it means being next to you and protecting you. I don't care if I die f-"

I don't have the time to make out what happened. One moment, I'm talking the second she's in my face, eyes red with rage and she's screaming with angry tears streaming down her face.

"BUT I DO CARE! I CARE AND I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE! ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF ME! IF YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF YOU DIE OR NOT! I DO! I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE... God, I don't want you to die, Archer"

"I don't want you to die"

Forget about permission.

I grab Alex's shoulders and pull her into a bone-crushing hug. She makes a noise of surprise in the back of her throat and her hands automatically find my back.

"I love you"

She relaxes in my arms and I couldn't get over the way that she fits perfectly here, in my arms.

Shit, I'm so happy.

"Archer, I want to stay here. I want to be with you, like this"

Why do I feel like there's a But coming?

"But..."

Knew it.

"But I'm scared. I don't want the past to repeat itself. Besides, I'm not normal. My eyes are... You know what they are. How can you love me? How are you sure that's it's love? Maybe you just pity-

"Stop. Just stop. I don't fucking pity you. Don't you ever think that. I can and am sure that I love you. Moreover, Love means loving all of you. And I love all of you. Especially your eyes... God, I love the way they make me feel. Especially when they turn red, I find myself wanting and needing to see more of them. I find myself wishing that I can always wake up in the morning to the sight of them"

It's true. I find myself wishing that and more...more and more.

"Alex, Love, whether your eyes are hazel or red or fucking purple. I don't care. I love you. The way you are. If your eyes were just hazel I'd love them the same as I love your eyes changing colors. It doesn't matter what eye color you sport"

I pull back a little and place my hand just above her heart, which I can tell is going to burst. Just like mine.

"Alex, what matters is here. If you give me this, then I'll be the happiest man on Earth. I would love you more than anything in this world"

Her glassy red and blue eyes illuminate my heart and I swear I feel so much, so much for this girl. The word love feels weak in comparison to what I feel.

"Your eyes are beautiful. You're beautiful. So beautiful..."

I involuntarily, as if in a trance, feel myself getting closer and closer to her. My hands rest on her soft sides as my head keeps lowering little by little toward hers. I feel small cute hands, that can only belong to the person I love, hitch up from my abdomen to my chest all the way to my neck and all the hairs on my skin stand.

Her soft, plump lips are only a few inches apart. And never have I ever felt as though my heart is going to skyrocket through my rib cage.

Then our lips make contact...

One slight friction, my heart is going to burst already.

At first, the kiss was soft, relaxing, and slow as if we have the whole time in the world but after we broke up for air, I dive in again. My tongue traces the shape of her lips and she opens them enough for my tongue to slide in and clash with hers in a fight for dominance.

I win of course.

Her hands that are gripping my hair tightly but not tight enough to cause pain, start combining my hair and fuck does it feel nice.

My hands, that are on her sides, start sliding down and up her sinful body.

A sexy moan escapes her lips and I swallow the sound like an addict that can't get enough of his own brand of cocaine.

My mind is in chaos but my heart is beating fast and steady with hers.

Then I'm taking off my shirt and discarding it somewhere behind me. Her cold hands trace the shape of my body and my mind blanks out for a moment. A caveman groan, that I realize is mine, comes out of my mouth and I remind myself where we are.

We're on a cliff Archer. Stop acting like a caveman and get your shit together before this goes too far!

I hold her hands still before I lose the only tiny bit of control I still have. Her, still red, eyes stare at mine with lust and an innocent curiosity that I feel so damn guilty when I think about.

She's innocent as fuck. She was just relying on her senses and if this went too far, I would have taken that innocence. However, My perverted mind wanders back to the make-out session that happened a few moments ago.

Soft rosy lips, sinful hands trailing down my chest...sex-

No. No. Nopeeeee. Think of other things Archer!

Dirt, smelly socks, sweaty bears, shi- OUCH!

I snap out of it when I realize that Alex pinched me.

Her eyes are less wild now and they seem to be turning to their normal color. However, they are filled with humor.

"YOU JUST PINCHED ME"

Her giggles echo through the night and I've never felt this happy before.

HELLO OXYGEN CONSUMERS!

How was this chapter?

If you enjoyed and want more of it, please don't forget to VOTEEEEE!

MAKE ME HAPPY AND GIVE THAT STAR SOME LIFE!

LOVE YOU DEARS! SAYONARA!