Chapter 25

Archer's PoV

Great. Absolutely great.

She's drunk out of her fucking mind!

I watched as she started waving a pencil she found on the bedside desk and muttering things like expelliarmus and wingardium leviosa. Apparently, she's obsessed with Harry Potter. If I wasn't fuming right now I would have found it cute, but I'm seconds away from killing someone.

Preferably a blonde guy with green eyes.

That hormonal pig was having his filthy hands all over her. I had to just sit back and watch as he and Alex grind against each other. However, when he leaned down so his sweaty ugly lips would make contact with Alex's perfect ones I snapped. I was not about to sit and gawk as her lips were being claimed by someone that isn't me.

If I can't have a taste, no one will.

This whole shit is getting out of hand. I finally admit that, yes, I'm falling for Alex. I'm falling fast and deep but there's no guarantee that she might share the same crazy feelings that I'm experiencing. Hell, the only interest she's showing right now is for Harry Potter.

It makes me fucking envious.

I groaned audibly and decided that it was time for her to go home. I gently walked over to where she was trying to touch her nose using her tongue. I smiled a little when she huffed in frustration and sulked.

"C'mon Alex, time to get you home"

The silly and amusing look in her eyes was instantly replaced by one of grief and sadness. I wanted to take my words back right here and there.

"I don't have a home"

I wanted to add just like me so badly but I just leaned closer, kissed her forehead and instead I said.

"I'll be your home if you allow me to"

It was so easy to see how's she's feeling in this drunken state. Her feelings were out in the open and she was so exposed. I could see the desire that lit her eyes after what I said but then it quickly disappeared.

"For how long though? One day you'll abandon me just like how they all did"

I stayed silent for a while, staring as her eyes lost all emotion in them and were becoming to get duller as each second ticked by. Since I was already close to her I crouched beside the bed and pulled her to a bone-crushing hug.

"For as long as you want me to. I won't abandon you, love"

She grinned slightly "I like the sound of that"

I chuckled slightly even though my heart was probably in the clouds.

"What? You like me calling you love?"

She nodded silently as she tangled her fingers behind my back. After a few seconds, her hold tightened and I watched as she pulled back from the hug to stand up. I followed her lead and we stood facing each other. The door was behind her and the bed was behind me.

"You have a girlfriend"

She seems to be forcing the words out through her gritted teeth. Her fists were clenched by either side of her as she slightly shook. I looked from her fists back to her eyes to see that they're green.