Chapter 23

Archer's PoV

This was the best idea I ever had.

I don't regret challenging her one bit. The sight of her eyes flashing purple in front of me was worth it. The way her eyes showed mischief that could set a whole building on fire.

I would say that I saw flecks of red within them too but I'm afraid I just imagined it.

Her eyes-oh god her eyes! They expressed so much yet so little. I don't know how that is even reasonable but it is.

Her hands fisted and I definitely knew that she was mad. Beyond mad because of my arrogant behavior but it was the only way to get her competitive spirit to take over and accept to fight me. However, today she can't. She already fought and the rules allow the fighter to fight only once a day. She knew that of course.

"Tomorrow. Same place. Same time. Be ready"

The competitive gleam in her eyes hardened as she nodded and cracked her knuckles. I chuckled lowly to myself.

This girl is something else alright.

She left after that and I was left alone with my thoughts. Alex is hiding a lot of things, a lot of secrets. I mean we all are hiding something, but Alex is different. Reading people has always come as second nature for me. It was easy.

Too easy.

However, when it comes to Alex it's so damn hard. I can't read her. I can't figure her out. It's frustrating. It has been driving me crazy since the day I saw her.

All people carry their own puzzle or riddle. Some are easy and some are hard. However, with Alex, it's just like there are missing pieces for her puzzle or pieces that just don't fit.

It's unusual. I'm sure there was once a time where her puzzle was complete. Where it was good and in one piece. But then life had to be awful and break down her puzzle piece by piece. Just thinking about the pain that Alex went through while her riddle was being broken down made me clench my own fists and a twinge of anguish shot directly into my heart.

Just thinking about what she had to go through because her eyes changed color made my blood boil. She was considered an outcast, a freak.

Again Kaitlyn's words hunted me. The words echoed in my head clearly and tormented me furthermore.

YOU FREAK! STAY AWAY FROM ME!

She isn't a freak. She isn't.

Cutting me out of my thoughts was my phone vibrating against my front pocket. I fished it out and saw that the caller ID was 'Blakey poo'.

I laughed slightly at the name. I used to call Blake that a long time ago. I still do. It always got on his nerves but I know that deep down he liked it.

But it's just deep deep deep deep deep deep..... Deep.

Yeah, you get my point.

I answered before he starts calling the house. He always calls the house number when I don't answer after one ring.

"You asshole! How many times am I supposed to call you to answer me you shithole?! That fucking thing your carrying is a phone you dumbass and you are supposed to answer from the first ring!"

My lovely friend. Aww, Blake, I love you too.

"You shithead! I answered from the first ring! What the fuck man?"

"Took you long enough"

"IT BARELY RANG FIVE SECONDS YOU DIPSHIT"

"IT DIDN'T YOU MORON"

"OK! SURE! WHATEVER! What do you want?

"There's a party tonight at Jason's and we're going"

"Hell no"

I hate parties and I hate Jason so it's a big fat no.

"Hell yes! I'll pick you up at 8. See you then"

Well, now I'll just pretend that I'm not home.

"And don't you dare tell Marie to say that you're not home because I know very well that you are and I know every single room you have in your stupid princess castle so you better be ready Cinderella"

And there goes my escape plan.

Yay!

"I still find it amusing that you are still attached to Disney movies till now Blakey poo. Anyways I guess I don't have a choice see you there Rapunzel! Bye"

"I'll murder your a-"

And he was cut off because I hung up in his face. Wait. Shit. I hung up in his face! God no, he will kill me. I guess I have no choice now. I have to go and enjoy my possibly last party ever.

Why am I here again?

I keep asking myself the same question over and over again for the last half hour I've been here. Just half an hour into this and I'm already having regrets.

I should have known better that she will be here. I should have just known. But it just slipped my mind.

Cassandra.

My nightmare.

She's obsessed with me. Last time she tried to shave a patch of hair off my head so she can have it and as I quote for memories.

Memories my ass.

She's pretty alright. Blue eyes that compliment her straight brown hair that reaches the bottom of her back. She has a fair amount of makeup on. She's wearing shorts and a crop top and it all fits in the right places, making her cleavage show and her waist to look slimmer.

However not my type. I don't go for 'crazy obsessed bitches'. Sorry, she's just not my type.

"Archie I love you, please! Just one kiss! One kiss just for me to feel those plump soft lips...."

She lost track of her words as she traced my bottom lip with her perfectly manicured hand. I quickly swat her hand away and the wound in her eyes couldn't go unnoticed.

"Umm, I should go... Yeah!"

Damn you, Blake, to the lowest pit in hell for making me attend this party then leaving me.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! I LOVE YOU!"

Oh for goodness sake! What should I do?

Then in my peripheral vision, I saw her. She was on one of the stools eyeing, with a bored expression, the wild teenagers partying loudly. Then her hazel eyes flickered to mine and then to Cassandra that is busy trailing her hand down my bicep. I was too stunned to swat her hand away.

Alex's eyes lingered at Cassandra's hand on my bicep and then her face went expressionless and whatever emotion that passed her eyes quickly shriveled. I sat there startled motionless in my place.

Could-Could she be... Jealous?

The thought of her desirous was enough to make my whole body flush and my heart to pick up its pace.

No. Don't be outrageous. Why would she be?

The voice in my head mocked but it was right. Why would she be envious? It's not like she likes me. Why do I want her to like me anyway? I don't like her.

Yet my heart begged to differ.

Do I really like Alex?

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT LOVELY READERS! I TRY TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY!

AND PLEASE CLICK THE STAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN TO FILL IT WITH COLOR.

WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT COLORS??

PLEASE SHARE MY STORY WITH ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TOO!

ANYWAYS! CIAO!