Chapter 20

"Peter, what do you mean?" May asked nervously, looking down at the boy. He pulled away and wiped at his eyes.

"I- I don't know. I just... I don't know." he said. Everyone looked at him in concern. Something was seriously wrong, he could feel it in his gut. He shook it off. He was scaring his family and he needed to stop. He was fine.

"I- I had a nightmare about and it just, uh, came back to me. I'm sorry. I don't know what's been going on with me." he wiped at his eyes.

"That's okay, honey, we were all just a little worried but if you're okay now we were thinking about going to dinner. We can stay here if you're not feeling well though." May pressed a hand to his forehead. Peter playfully pushed it away.

"No, don't worry Aunt May, I'm okay." he said. She nodded but didn't look to convinced. Ben clapped his hands together.

"Alright, well you guys have had a long flight, why don't you go change and then we'll head out." he said. The twins nodded and went to the two guest bedrooms.

"What's wrong with you Peter? You've been acting weird." Peyton said.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just been having some weird dreams and they've been getting to me. You and I have superpowers and Dad has a super suit in them." he said. Peyton rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you've just been watching too many movies. The closest thing to a superpower us Starks have is smiling for the camera. Now stop being so weird, you're scaring everyone." she said, her voice was cold. It wasn't right.

"O-okay."

~~~

"Hey guys," they heard a voice call the next day as they sat at their favorite coffee spot.

"Oh no, here comes the gold/fame digger." Peyton muttered. Peter turned to see Flash Thompson making his way over. In the back of his mind he saw a glimpse of the kid sneering and spitting out insults, but it was gone as soon as it came. This Flash was different, awkward and a strange addiction to polo shirts.

"I didn't know you were in Queens this week!" he exclaimed.

"Probably because we don't talk to you." Peyton said, voice harsh. Flash laughed as if she was kidding around with him.

"You guys wanna hang out? We can go see a movie." he said.

"Piss off, Flash." Peter said and for some reason, he felt surprised, that didn't sound right to him but neither Peyton nor Flash seemed at all thrown off.

"Aw, are you guys still mad at me for talking to that reporter?" the teen asked.

"Yes. Now go away, we don't have time for you right now." Peyton said. He sighed, frowned, and walked away.

"I can't stand him." she grumbled. Peter watched after him.

"Yeah... Me neither."