Chapter 18

The nightmares didn't stop after that first night, if anything they became more vivid and terrifying as the days passed. It was to the point his entire family was worried about him. His sister would shoot him questioning looks, his mother would hover a little too long, and his father would watch him with concern. Something was wrong and Peter knew it.

"You guys all packed and ready?" his mom asked as he and Peyton walked into the living room.

"Yeah, I'm excited." Peyton said.

"We know." Mary teased, the twins had been rambling their parents ear off about the trip for weeks. Now that Summer break had started it was finally time to head to Queens.

Tony grabbed their things, kissed his wife on the cheek and led the kids out the the car.

"Okay so Happy will be there to pick you guys up and take you there, try not to annoy him too much." Tony teased as he drove.

"We'll keep our annoying tendencies on the DL." Peyton promised.

"But we have to give him a little hell," Peter said.

"You wouldn't be the tornado twins if you didn't."

~~~

The door to the small apartment swing wide open and Mary's best friend, May, gave the kids a huge grin before taking them into her arms.

"Oh, I haven't seen you two in ages, come in, come in," she gestured for the teens to follow her into the apartment where Ben was making dinner.

"Hey guys!" he exclaimed.

"Hey!" Peyton replied. Peter wanted to say something but he couldn't. For some reason he had a pit in the bottom of his stomach as he stared at the Parkers and he felt tears in his eyes.

"Pete? What's wrong?" Ben asked. Peyton put a hand on his shoulder in concern while Ben took a step towards him. Peter couldn't control himself, he threw himself into the older mans arms and wept. The three others all shared confused glances but Ben kept a hold on the boy and rubbed his back.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" he asked.

"I- I don't know." Peter pulled away from his pseudo uncle and pulled May in for a hug next.

"Petey, what's going on?" Peyton asked, "Are you okay?"

"No. They were dead."