Chapter 15

Peter woke up and began thrashing around under the comforter. He felt a steady hand on his shoulder and he tried to push it off.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down kiddo," he looked up to see his dad looking down at him in concern and he came to a stop, looking around the room. He was in his bed, at home, surrounded by posters with science puns and Star Trek characters.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"I- I don't know. I just had this really weird dream. You- you were wearing this weird type of armor and this guy stabbed you and then I... I don't know it's going away." Peter rubbed his hands down his face in exhaustion, he felt like he hadn't slept in months.

"Huh... Maybe your just stressed. You do have finals coming up, after all." Dad said. Peter nodded.

"Yeah... Yeah, i'm sure that's it. Don't worry, I'm fine." he swung his legs over the bed and stood up.

"Alright, well get ready for school, breakfast is almost ready." he said. Peter nodded.

"Hey, loser," Peyton teased lazily as he emerged from his room, trying to smooth his mess of curls down. He nodded at her but otherwise didn't reply as he sat at the kitchen table.

"You two look like hell." their dad said, setting a bowl of eggs and a plate of bacon in front of them.

"Thanks. I was up late studying." Peyton grumbled, loading her plate with food.

"Maybe if you didn't wait till last minute you could avoid the all nighters." he replied.

"Jokes on you, I like all nighters," Peyton lied. Peter shoved her.

"Whatever. Ten bucks says you'll whine about it all day today." he said. She stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

"Ten bucks says you'll complain about my complaining," she challenged. Peter rolled his eyes but couldn't help the smile on his face.

"Good morning everyone!" said a female voice as she walked out of the master bedroom. She walked over and began to grab herself a plate. Tony wrapped an arm around her.

"Morning, Mary."

"Morning, Mom."