Chapter 11

A few weeks later and Peyton had been discovering so much about her newfound abilities. Daisy told her it was abnormal- to have so many different abilities, but it worked out well for her, she had awesome abilities. However, they weren't needed for this specific challenge coming up.

Peyton nervously smoothed out the black fabric of her dress, her lower lip in between her teeth. Peter was clicking away at his phone behind her to distract himself, and Tony and Pepper were discussing what was about to happen. She tried to keep her breathing steady- it would be embarrassing if she had a panic attack in front of a bunch of reporters.

"Don't stress too much," Tony said, walking over to her, "Pepper and the PR department made sure to only invite very specific people and lay down some rules. These are the trusted reporters... at least sort of." he said. She nodded.

"Yeah, just a little anxious." she said, looking back at Peter.

"As spiderman you would think I wouldn't be afraid of a few people with cameras." he said.

"Don't worry guys. It will be short and simple. You don't even have to say anything, Tony will just give the news and introduce you guys and then it will be over. We're not taking any questions today." Pepper promised. She had already explained this a few times but it still didn't help calm their nerves. Once this happened, there was no going back. The world would know who they were- Tony Stark's kids.

"Everyone ready?" Tony asked. They nodded and walked out.

~~~

Some talk show was on and news travelled quickly. Suddenly the two mysterious teenagers had names, clear faces, and an explanation behind them. In the top left corner was a picture of Peyton and Peter together at the park a few months earlier from Peyton's Instagram.

"Honestly though, It's not that surprising, we all remember Tony Stark's playboy days," the man was saying.

"Tony, one whole year, several phone calls and emails and you didn't think to mention that you had kids?" Colonel James Rhodes stormed into the room, stopping when he realized it wasn't Tony watching TV, but the two teenagers that seemed to be on every live news cast and talk show on TV.

"Wow, you two really do look like him," he said. Peyton raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I'm Rhodey, Tony's best friend." he said.

"I'm Peter and this is Peyton." Peter replied.

"Rhodey! Hey, when did you get back?" Tony asked, walking into the room.

"Two hours ago, I was getting settled back into my room when I heard the news. Two kids you never bothered to mention." he said.

"Oh, yeah, these are the twins. Peyton and Peter." he said.

"We just met." Peyton said.

"Great. Rhodey, while you were gone I made a new leg, much better than the last one, come on, it's in the workshop." he said. With that the two walked away, Rhodey asking more about the twins and the two deciding to ignore it.

"Cool, a new person." Peyton said. Peter chuckled.

~~~

Flash Freaking Thompson was the worst. His envy had always been one of the main driving factors of his bullying and now they had hit the motherload of things to make the kid jealous. Nasty jeers, balled up pieces of paper to the back of the head, names called in the hallways. It was beyond annoying and Peyton had just about had enough.

"Peyton, just leave it alone. He's just mad because we weren't lying about the internship." Peter said.

"I know that, it doesn't make it any less annoying." she grumbled.

"I agree, Flash is being extra obnoxious today," MJ stated, not looking up from her book.

"See, he's-"

"Hey, Penis!" speak of the devil. Peyton outwardly groaned.

"What the hell do you want Flash?" she bit out as he came over.

"Question, actually, both of you can answer this. What made Stark finally decide to take you in? Obviously he wasn't interested before. Was it out of obligation once your aunt died?" he asked.

"Shut the hell up." Peyton growled.

"Well, come on, he didn't want you all this time, not that i can blame him, the two of you are worthless and annoying and stupid." he said.

"Flash, you have five seconds to get the hell out of my sight." she demanded.

"Or what? You gonna run to your daddy? He doesn't care." Flash said. Peyton grabbed his shoulder and closed her eyes as his memories came flooding through her mind.

Flash glanced around the hallways before sneaking into the science room. He slid a drawer open and began to search through papers.

"Bingo." he whispered. He pulled out a sheet of paper clearly containing test answers. He took pictures before putting it back into the drawer and walking out.

"Get off." Flash pushed her hand off of him but it was too late, she saw the memory. Retrocognition, the ability to see past memories, that one was cool.

"Leave my brother and I alone or I'll spill your secret. You know how Midtown feels about cheaters and I already have a file full of screenshots from your phone to give away should I need. Don't doubt my computer abilities." she lied. He looked at her with wide eyes before backing away.

"What just happened?" Ned asked. Peyton plopped back down in her seat.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."