Chapter 12

And here we go-many Infinity war spoilers ahead 

Sadly, unlike her brother, Peyton's powers didn't come with fast metabolism and enhanced healing so she wasn't immune to getting sick.

She probably could have gone to school, she was feeling a lot better when she woke up, but she had been throwing up for several hours last night and Tony made her stay home. At the moment he and her soon to be step mom were on a run, Peter was on a school trip, and Rhodey was somewhere in the compound. She looked down as her phone began to ring and saw a picture of her and Peter pop up on the screen.

"Hey, Pete, how's the field trip?" she asked, pulling the blanket tighter around her.

"Hey, Peyton, just want to let you know I might not be home for a little while." he said.

"What? What's going on?" she asked.

"I might be on a spaceship." he said.

"What?! What do you mean a spaceship what's happening?"

"There was a fight... I.... Tony... here... I'm .... find him." he was breaking up

"Peter, wait-"

The line went dead. According to Friday he went out of range.

"Shoot. Friday, what is he talking about, what happened?" she asked.

"A large spaceship showed up in New York while Peter was on the bus. He, your father, and two other men fought the aliens that came and they are now all on the ship that went back into space. Colonel Rhodes is dealing with it now."

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me! Where is he?"

~~~

Tony sat hidden above as the weird alien person torchered Strange, trying to devise a plan, when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see the cape that had been on Strange earlier.

"Wow, you're one loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" he asked.

"Speaking of loyalty." he heard, and oh no, he knows that voice, he turned around the find his teenage son in the iron spider suit with his mask off. The same teenage son he had told to go home.

"Peter-"

"I know what you're gonna say." he said.

"You should not be here. I told you to go home, see your sister."

"Well I was gonna go home-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"But it was such a long way down and I thought about you alone on this ship-"

"And I gotta hear it."

"And I just couldn't I couldn't leave you here to do this alone I had to come and help you," he insisted.

"Peter it's not your job to protect me, you shouldn't be here."

"But, the thing is, Peyton and I, we've already lost our mom, our step dad, Uncle Ben, and May. You're all we have left." Peter said quietly. Tony's face softened but the kid still wasn't off the hook.

"Except you're wrong. You guys have each other, but not if you and I die up here. If something happens to us, she's left all alone." at this Peter's face dropped. He knew he couldn't do that to her, but that's just one more reason why he would live.

"I'm not gonna die, Tony." he said.

"Peter this isn't coney island. This isn't a field trip, you hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through." Tony said.