Chapter 23- End of book 1

Peyton walked onto the helicarrier with another agent who quickly disappeared after that to go and do God knows what.

"So this is where it all starts." she muttered. She looked around and spotted Coulson speaking with Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers. They were so young and different from when she last saw them, even with what they had already been through- it was nothing compared to what was to come. Coulson saw her and waved her over.

"And this is May, she'll be joining you all as well." he said. Natasha smirked at her.

"May, Coulson has told me quite the story about you." she said. Peyton glared at Coulson but he just shrugged.

"They need me on the bridge," he turned and walked away. She sighed and turned back to Natasha.

"I trust that you understand the importance of discretion with whatever Agent Coulson has told you." she said.

"Of course." she said. Steve looked between the two of them but must have decided it wasn't important as he changed the subject.

"You look kind of young to be an agent." he said with a frown.

"I may be young but that doesn't make me incompetent." she replied coolly.

"Of course not," he replied, still looking put off by the idea but choosing not to comment any further.

"Well, welcome to SHIELD. It's gonna be a hell of a week." Natasha said. Peyton scoffed.

"More like a hell of a decade."